• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

The fact I took so long to make the decision to swap over to the fuji system and now Im going for my third body I'm enjoying it so much. Definately was a great move :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on August 26, 2014, 09:52:38 AM
The fact I took so long to make the decision to swap over to the fuji system and now Im going for my third body I'm enjoying it so much. Definately was a great move :tup:

My first compact cameras were Fuji and always love their colours straight from the camera.  :tup: Mind you their commercial business line printers were rubbish.  :uglystupid2: :doh:

Karen

Colours have remained excellent

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Karen on August 27, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
Colours have remained excellent
One of the cameras I use is a Fuji S5pro and it has been an excellent bit of kit. It can sometimes over saturate the colours a little depending on what settings are used
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

donoreo

On another forum one of the more advanced guys (and very, very, detailed oriented) wanted to replace his Canon 450D (2008 tech) with a Fuji XT-1.  He took the Fuji back because it was not as good.  We do not know if he had a dud, but the images he posted (taken raw, converted to jpeg with no extra adjustments) were better from the 450D.  This result surprised a lot of people, including those that already had Fuji's and others that just looked at the specs.  On paper the Fuji should be better. 

He did as equal of a test as possible.  Kits lenses, etc.  He was going on a trip and did not have time to get another one and test it out.  He may do so after he comes back. 

Karen

To be honest one of the reasons i went for x-e2 over xt1is the xt1 in my opinion is an ugly looking camera. Ive had no issues with quality of files and never regretted selling my 5dmk3 cameras. I always have the cameras with me now. Can go whole day with them strung over my shoulder without any bother and thats a big plus. The fuji glass is awesome if expensive.

spinner

Nikon. They issued a list of firmware updates. Of course my good old reliable D50 is not among the models upgraded. All I want Nikon is to be able to use SD cards bigger than 2 GIGs as nobody seems to make them anymore.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2014, 06:21:33 PM
Nikon. They issued a list of firmware updates. Of course my good old reliable D50 is not among the models upgraded. All I want Nikon is to be able to use SD cards bigger than 2 GIGs as nobody seems to make them anymore.  >:(
Theres plenty of 2gb cards on the net over here mate. Mainly Transcend and Sandisck.
You have just reminded me its about time I gave my D50 a run out. IMHO it gives some great colours and tones compared to my D200
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2014, 06:21:33 PM
I just happened to have Amazon open:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=2gb+sd+card&sprefix=2gb+SD%2Caps%2C263

Hinfrance

Playing the dodge the cyclists with no lights and wearing dull clothing game this morning not only in the dark, but with the added difficulty factor of thick fog. Grrrrr.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 01, 2014, 07:34:53 AM
Playing the dodge the cyclists with no lights and wearing dull clothing game this morning not only in the dark, but with the added difficulty factor of thick fog. Grrrrr.

You have to dodge them in France?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

'Fraid so Re. The good old days have long gone, and besides they make a mess of your paintwork not to mention the splurge of brains on the windscreen if you don't at least try to avoid them.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 01, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
'Fraid so Re. The good old days have long gone, and besides they make a mess of your paintwork not to mention the splurge of brains on the windscreen if you don't at least try to avoid them.
Well that is no fun!  Cyclists are worth extra points, even more than joggers!  :) 

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on October 01, 2014, 02:32:53 PM
Well that is no fun!  Cyclists are worth extra points, even more than joggers!  :)

Brains? And cycling in the dark, without lights and in dark clothing?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Quote from: Reinardina on October 01, 2014, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: donoreo on October 01, 2014, 02:32:53 PM

They are relying on their virtuous glow, which alas can only be perceived by other cyclists ;)

Brains? And cycling in the dark, without lights and in dark clothing?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.