• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 14
  • Total: 14
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Just a newbie here

Started by juliagarner, August 21, 2012, 08:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juliagarner

I am Julia Garner a graduate of Communication Arts in the University of Texas and I found my niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing. I writes for www.PrintPlace.com and is a die-hard advocate for their well-made products like the easy-to-order brochure printing and richly printed postcards among others. I am also enjoys playing the guitar, cooking and spending time with her family and taking photos.
Julia loves to write easy-to-order brochure printing

ABERS

Quote from: juliagarner on August 21, 2012, 08:11:22 AM
I am Julia Garner a graduate of Communication Arts in the University of Texas and I found my niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing. I writes for www.PrintPlace.com and is a die-hard advocate for their well-made products like the easy-to-order brochure printing and richly printed postcards among others. I am also enjoys playing the guitar, cooking and spending time with her family and taking photos.

Welcome Julia. Not too sure that there is much call easy to order brochures here! Are you from the West Country?

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 21, 2012, 08:23:29 AM
Quote from: juliagarner on August 21, 2012, 08:11:22 AM

Welcome Julia. Not too sure that there is much call easy to order brochures here! Are you from the West Country?

I suppose Texas is the 'West Country.'

Welcome Julia. As Abers says, there won't be that much interest in brocures here. On this forum we're more interested in your photography.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

And a welcome from me; Looking forward to see your photography.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

Seems like spam to me.  I doubt she exists. 

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on August 21, 2012, 02:44:40 PM

That was my first thought too, but I did not want to hurt any feelings, just in case she is genuine.

Her newbie introduction on the GIMP forum is written in the third person, and she has changed it to the first person for us. Maybe to make it more personal?

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece, which does not make a good advertisement for someone who found her "niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing."

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on August 21, 2012, 04:54:40 PM

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece,

That's why I thought she might be from the West Country me ole dears. :-\

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 21, 2012, 06:23:03 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 21, 2012, 04:54:40 PM

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece,

That's why I thought she might be from the West Country me ole dears. :-\

Sorry Alan, it only now clicks into place.
Being Dutch it didn't register immediately. I'm still regularly caught out by regional speech/accents/expressions.

I think we're all agreed then; mewbie isn't really into photography.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.