• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 20
  • Total: 20
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

I did some editing too recently, and this is how my 'Memento Mori' shot came out of the mangle.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Interesting image, has a touch of a Kaleidoscope about it. Makes a nice change to see something different and show that photography can allow a wide range of artistry and creativity. :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on October 14, 2013, 10:15:38 PM
Interesting image, has a touch of a Kaleidoscope about it. Makes a nice change to see something different and show that photography can allow a wide range of artistry and creativity. :tup:

Thanks Alan.

One of my other creative images has attracted attention, see my post on 'Advice needed.'
Any advice and help welcome, as it is a new road for me, and I don't know what may lurk along the way, or what surprises may await me at the end.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

I try to steer clear of Chocolate Box pictures, but every time we look out of the kitchen window there is one down the garden staring us in the face. I won't last much longer and as we're going away on a few days break I'm pretty sure it won't be there when we get back, so I've recorded it for posterity.

I'm rather pleased that the vine I planted some few years ago allows us to have a couple of weeks of vibrant colour each year.

Oldboy

Cracking shot Abers and colours to die for.  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Nice colour Alan

Still working on this one - but I think I'm getting closer to being really happy with the edit.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

The extra work has certainly paid off on this one Andy. It now looks like a 'lost' ball with toning down. Before it  was just a ball ball lying in some leaf litter.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on October 25, 2013, 05:56:29 PM
The extra work has certainly paid off on this one Andy. It now looks like a 'lost' ball with toning down. Before it  was just a ball ball lying in some leaf litter.

Thank you Alan. I am going to leave it as is for the present, and no doubt glance at it again in a few weeks time, as I often do with the few shots I feel that are worthy of more time; I guess like in oil painting some images never seem to be completed  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

craftysnapper

I finally found a use for that dramatic tone filter on my Olympus camera!  ;)

Model courtesy of my Granddaughter Chelsea.

Daughter Of The Night
Regards Paul.
One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

ABERS

Been working on a couple of monochromes to give them a bit of ooomph.

Entitled 'Tovarich' this old chap  always me of a Russian Revolutionary, but in fact he is a Catholic Guild preacher.

spikeyjen

Quote from: craftysnapper on October 31, 2013, 10:56:34 AM
I finally found a use for that dramatic tone filter on my Olympus camera!  ;)

Model courtesy of my Granddaughter Chelsea.

Daughter Of The Night

This is a fabulous shot, love the expression and the background you have created. Almost looks like a dragan effect. Well done and a lovely memory

spikeyjen

That's a great portrait Abers, wish I could do them as well as this. Nice in B&W and the contrast makes him look mean.

Hinfrance

A very striking portrait Alan. I used to love to do things along these lines (not as good obviously) until it became effectively illegal here. It's one of the real downers about living in France, like expensive cheddar and lame Indian food.  But on the upside decent wine can be less than €3 a bottle, there aren't CCTV cameras everywhere, everything works and the weather's nice, mostly. Oh, and contrary to what you might read in the papers, we pay a lot less tax here than we did in the UK.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Thanks for the kind remarks. As I said I've been trying to get just a little extra into B+W portraits and spending some time on those that I think could do with it. It's when you go back and look at previous efforts, which at the time you were satisfied with, and apply what you've learned since that things can, in your eyes, be improved.

For example

becomes

No alteration of exposure, sharpening etc. Just a tweak in PS. In Filters from the drop down menu select Artistic select Poster Edges. Just a miniscule adjustment with the sliders gives that crisper look to the image.  If you are tempted to try be warned, it can be overdone so easily.

Then again you may think it so anyway. ::)

P.S. It doesn't work with everything and apologies to those who think doing it in camera is the only way!

jinky

Looks great to me. Never used that technique but will be trying it out - thanks for sharing.

My poster edges filter just turns it into a cartoon  even at lowest level. :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.