• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 221
  • Total: 221
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

BBC Countryfile competition

Started by Mick, September 20, 2009, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

ON telly right now, the BBC countryfile photographic competition.  John Craven announces the 12 finalists.

Anyone enter this?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

I know it's on tonight, as I always watch it for the five day forecast.  ;D

Never entered as they require a print and can't be bothered.  :(

stevebedder

Did think about entering but not had any spare time recently (hence not entered the weekend comp for few weeks either).

Just seen the 12 finalists though and there are some great shots. I think my favourite thus far is of the butterfly although the snowy squirrel was goodas well as the one of the deer and squirell in low light.

Steve

irv_b

Missed the programme but here is a link to the pictures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t0bv
I have to agree they are all of the highest quality, my fave being the swan on the lake
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

alan1572

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Sandy

Peter Jackson

Quote from: admin on September 20, 2009, 07:09:24 PM
ON telly right now, the BBC countryfile photographic competition.  John Craven announces the 12 finalists.

Anyone enter this?

With their T&C's....are you kidding??????????????????????  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Oh Lord, please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

Oldboy

No, it has to be the mice. How difficult was it to get all of them like that.  :tup:

minky_monkey

I loved the meeeeeeces.  but the squidger was good too.

skellum

I have had a look, how hard it must be to be a Judge in this situation !.... I personally think the June flowers are great, The July Swan picture has in my view technical problems !!, but I can't decide between the mice & the squirrel as my choice.......... :legit:

oRGie

I agree, tough to choose, the cobweb is fantastic and very well spotted, you could just wander past that opportunity so easilly...  but as said the mice shot is so nice, maybe they are stuffed lol :)

Oldboy

Quote from: oRGie on September 21, 2009, 01:54:40 AM
I agree, tough to choose, the cobweb is fantastic and very well spotted, you could just wander past that opportunity so easilly...  but as said the mice shot is so nice, maybe they are stuffed lol :)

Always have my eyes open to cobwebs, but when they have dew or ice on them they standout for miles, you just can't miss them.  ;D

greypoint

Just took a look and was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong they're all lovely photos which anyone would be proud to have taken but I remember seeing last years finalists and being much more impressed and really unable to pick a winner.
https://www.hcsonline.co.uk/countryfile2009/home/index.asp  shows small thumbnails.

hssutton

Quote from: Peter Jackson on September 20, 2009, 10:24:29 PM
Quote from: admin on September 20, 2009, 07:09:24 PM

Anyone enter this?

With their T&C's....are you kidding??????????????????????  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I agree with you Peter. I was going to enter a seal photo taken at Donna Nook, but the T&Cs put me of, along with the fact that it probably wouldn't have managed the top 10 :).

Harry

greypoint

There was a lone tree.....referring back to the cliche discussion.... :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.