• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Don't be too sure about that Mick. She emailed me about five minutes after I posted her response to me pointing out that I shouldn't copy her email 'to another site as in Future's small print it forbids that'.

Keeping up with opposition I think, or just paranoia. ::)

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on October 02, 2009, 08:07:59 PM
Don't be too sure about that Mick. She emailed me about five minutes after I posted her response to me pointing out that I shouldn't copy her email 'to another site as in Future's small print it forbids that'.

Keeping up with opposition I think, or just paranoia. ::)

If she sent you a email to your private email address, then that is outside the PR website therefore, T&C on PR wouldn't apply.  ;D

Most commerical emails state those terms at the bottom, but it's never been tested in court.  ;D

Jonathan

Um, OK, 2 things.

1. Like a lot of things this is probably my fault.  I happened to mention on Twitter that I was bemused by PR's attitude to an established photographer's exhibition.  No names and certainly no links but a guilty conscience could have easily made somebody come here looking for the story.  Sorry.

2. Those disclaimers on e-mails are, I have it on good authority, total bollocks.  Claiming T&Cs is even more ridiculous.  If I send you a letter then I'm pretty sure you are at liberty to put it on a noticeboard outside your house for people to see.  That's exactly what this is.  But electronically.  The internet is pretty much about free speech.

I'm still totally bemused by their attitude and their increasing desperation to keep things hidden.  I guess it's their site and they can do what they want with it.

BTW, Hi Amy - how are things?
It's Guest's round

ABERS

No apologies needed Jonathan. I was just a little peeved at their attitude and wanted to stamp my foot a bit.
Thanks for the comments on the B+W announcement Sue and Oldboy you rascals ;D

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on October 03, 2009, 10:04:01 AM

No apologies needed Jonathan.

Absolutely.  It's their loss IMO ;) 

By the way Alan, I've added the info to the news ticker, and the calendar for the 31st of October.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

Quote from: admin on October 03, 2009, 10:11:10 AM

No apologies needed Jonathan.

Absolutely.  It's their loss IMO ;) 

By the way Alan, I've added the info to the news ticker, and the calendar for the 31st of October.

Now that's what I call an administrator (take note Amy).

Thanks for that Mick, much appreciated. :tup:

Eileen

Saddened by this mean-spirited approach, but like most others I am not much surprised. Their loss, I think.

Oldboy

No apologies needed Jonathan. I was just a little peeved at their attitude and wanted to stamp my foot a bit.
Thanks for the comments on the B+W announcement Sue and Oldboy you rascals ;D

They need rubbing up the wrong way!  >:(

spinner

As I suspected, after several days I get the standard response after admitting I still have the disk. Delete the printer profile and use the disk to reinstall everything. Why do they assume because you're asking a question you are a complete moron. And still, no one has actually provided an answer to the question I asked. Why no " sorry we really don't know"?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

Why do some people, when building their own website, refer to themselves in the third person?

ABERS

Quote from: greypoint on October 07, 2009, 10:19:57 PM
Why do some people, when building their own website, refer to themselves in the third person?

Well perhaps it's her :o

By the way we've just added a new gallery on our website, we thought you might like to see a few IR's. To paraphrase that bloke on the Fast Show, 'This week I R mostly bin doing IR's.  :legit:

anglefire

Didn't get round to booking my train ticket to London till last night - and the 6am advanced ticket wasn't available - so I tried to book the 6:20 to be told there were no seats! So I've had to get the 5:40!

Which reminds me I must go!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

krennon

WBMT My co....We have no first aider, no first aid kit, no working fire alarm, no "HS at work" poster and to top it all a leaking roof....are they spending money on that......no but they are going to spend the thick end of £10 000 (yep 10grand) on a "voice recorder system" to record all our phone calls  :P.....priorities what are those :doh:.........
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

bones615

Quote from: krennon on October 08, 2009, 07:23:41 PM
WBMT My co....We have no first aider, no first aid kit, no working fire alarm, no "HS at work" poster and to top it all a leaking roof....are they spending money on that......no but they are going to spend the thick end of £10 000 (yep 10grand) on a "voice recorder system" to record all our phone calls  :P.....priorities what are those :doh:.........

Surely there are rules on H&S, our place is the opposite health & safety rules the place along with following ISO standards, actual production is irrelevant as long as all the paperwork is in order. One of our guys was seen doing an "unsafe act" the other day & it was hinted that our supervision was not up to scratch - 2 of us supervising 20+ blokes on 3 different shift patterns 24-7????
As much much as it is for our benefit I still think it is more driven by fear of US style law suits.  

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.