• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 121
  • Total: 121
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Tips frpm DCW

Started by jinky, November 09, 2013, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Made a rare visit to DCW from a Facebook link and thought this was a reasonable read
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/07/27/10-killer-photography-tips-the-pros-wont-tell-you/

Turns out I must be a pro as I do most of those  :D. I wish I was better at deleting images though - I still deliver too many images for weddings I feel and am not ruthless enough.

ABERS

I like the phrase 'Killer Tips'.  ::)  Most photographers must be pro's in that case but Psssst keep it a secret! :uglystupid2:

Best advice given is,

A professional photographer is judged by the images that he or she shows the world, and in order to impress, it's essential to only show your best work.

Don't show the alternatives, don't show the also-rans, be ruthless in your editing and only show your best images.

hssutton

I think the editor got a little carried away with the title,  what they really meant was "these are the basic steps when taking a photo"

donoreo

A good headline can sell a poor story.  Newspapers have been doing it forever. 

DigiDiva

I haven't tried back button focusing yet, one of their tips. Always mean to, never remember under the pressure of getting the image
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

donoreo

I use rear button focusing.  It took a few sessions but once I got used to it I found it good to use.  It is great for when you focus on one place, meter on another and shoot in a third!

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 09, 2013, 11:37:39 AM
I like the phrase 'Killer Tips'.  ::) 

I thought 'Killer Tips', was to shoot the other photographers!  :doh: :legit:

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on November 09, 2013, 07:47:15 PM

It is legal to shoot other photographers that set up in front of you when you are waiting to take a landscape, right?  ::)

Andrew

Ahh - the DCM site - an embarrassment of what was once a gathering point for all interested in creating imagery via a camera, and the startng place of several pro's.

Haven't been over there in ages - have no aspiration to go either. Is it still run by people who have just completed Uni with a degree in something totally photographic unrelated like pig farming or the best way to suck up to a politician?

Future should have done the decent thing and killed it off when they realised that the photographic world wasn't interested in something 'branded' and intended to become a genuine revenue earning stream.
Whilt i appreciate that web sites do not coome free of charge, it was nice to see people on the forum get into a mag for something they had done well...
It would have also been a much better site if they had listened to those with knowledge on how to improve the site - which in turn may have generate a real revenue stream.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

2Beers

I Use back Button focusing all the time 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on November 09, 2013, 07:52:22 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 09, 2013, 07:47:15 PM

It is legal to shoot other photographers that set up in front of you when you are waiting to take a landscape, right?  ::)

:tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.