• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 52
  • Mick
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

How can I pick the brains of the excellent photographers here ?

Started by Sarasocke, January 31, 2009, 05:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

Hi !

There are some really super photos in the galleries on this site.  :tup:

I'm a relative beginner and I'd love to have the opportunity to pick the brains of some of you guys. Some have the full exifs, some don't. Would requests for more info on how the shot was taken be welcomed ? Would I put this kind of question in the comments section of the photo concerned, or is there a section in the forum I should use ?

Sorry if this is a daft question, I would so like to improve - and maybe even get one or two votes in the weekend comp  ;)

Thanks !
Carol

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

oRGie

Most enthusiasts like to talk about thier photos, might be easier to do it in the comment box, but if you start a thread you would also get feedback from others with potential suggestions that may even help the person who took the original shot  :)

Mick

Best bet would to be, start a thread containing a link to the gallery image.   You could also pop a note into the comment box, stating you've done so.  If you are really lucky the owner of the pic will respond.  ;)

By the way, welcome to CC.  :)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Sarasocke

Thanks !

I hope when I finally get round to loading some of my pictures, that there'll be some tips.

I look at some of the photos and just think "wow, how did he/she do that ?" The problem nowadays is also that it's not always clear how much came out of the camera and how much out of the computer. I might be hacking away at my poor Nikon and all the time it was just a small  tweak in PS  ::)

In which section should the threads be ?

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Sarasocke

QuoteIn which section should the threads be ?

Thanks Mick ! I realised that was a silly question after I'd posted it  :D
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 01, 2009, 09:04:44 AM
QuoteIn which section should the threads be ?

Thanks Mick ! I realised that was a silly question after I'd posted it  :D
Only 'cause there ain't any brains on here!!!!  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.