• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 243
  • Total: 243
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

battery grips

Started by DigiDiva, October 19, 2014, 10:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Hss anyone used a neewer or ramozz fit for their camera?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Got a grip for my Canon, never used it as I find it makes the camera too heavy as I rarely use a tripod.

Think it is a marmite thing but can't help you with that make.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Matthew

Quote from: DigiDiva on October 19, 2014, 10:15:09 PM
Hss anyone used a neewer or ramozz fit for their camera?

I think mine is a Neweer, I'll have to double check. It isn't a Canon branded one. It has the exact same buttons and functions as the branded "official" one but its £60 cheaper. I love having a battery grip, true it does make the camera heavier but that's to be expected when you have 2 battery units instead of one. On the plus side though, shooting time is extended and shooting in portrait is far more comfortable.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hssutton

I would not be without a battery grip, I have them on both my cameras and to be quite honest I would be lost without them. However I have large hands and find the grip helps with balance especially when using such as my 100-400 zoom.
Unfortunately for me neither of my two grips will fit the Canon 7D mk2 which hopefully will be in my possession within the next few weeks weeks. As the cost of a Canon grip is approx £150 I may well consider the grips you mention. If you are prepared to wait several weeks I will probably be in a position to advise you.

Harry

DigiDiva

I have read great feedback on them both however, Im not always convinced they are genuine

hssutton

Chris. I've also been looking at some reviews and think the same as you. I did pick up on the a couple of reviews on the 'Neweer' which does appear to have  problems with the internal battery connection, but as I posted earlier I will be buying one of the cheaper brands as soon as they become available for the 7D mk2 and will post my thoughts on here.

Harry

donoreo

I have seen good reviews on Hahnel grips as well.  I have a Canon one, got it used (though I think it may have been stolen, did not look open - bought it from a guy from an ad online).  I love it for the dual batteries and for portrait mode. 

oggalily

My D300/D700 battery grip is an unbranded Amazon knockoff.  I paid about 25 quid for it a few years back.  I have been pleased with and it was a fraction of the price of the official grip.  The danger with these products is that they don't have the quality assurance and / or consistency of the official offerings so you need to factor this into the pricing.  I suppose I have been lucky as mine has been reliable.   

Hinfrance

I've got two battery grips, one for the K10D and K20D, and another for the K5. Both eBay Chinese ones, both relatively cheap. The earlier one has slightly flaky controls, but the second one for the K5 is perfect, although, of course, not weatherproof like the genuine article. I've had them both for quite some time now.

Ignoring the control wheel issue on the early one, they both allow me to have double the battery life and in the case of the later one, use AA batteries if need be.  I don't have them on the cameras all of the time, just when I think I might be taking a lot of vertical format pictures or if I expect to use the second battery.

So I guess what I am saying is there is a lot of choice out there, and it is worth looking at the offers on eBay if you are somewhat parsimonious.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Might take the plunge then you guys. Thanks.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.