• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

PSE6/CS3 Plugins

Started by Sarasocke, October 17, 2009, 02:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

I'm downloading some plugins from a magazine disc (german magazine ;) ) but have discovered that I haven't the foggiest how to load them on PSE (or CS for that matter). One was a filter, and yes, I found it under filters. The next was a plug in to work on the colours, and that I can't find.
If I double click on the plugin itself in Windows, PSE is automatically loaded.

Can anyone help ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Surprised no-one has answered yet.

I'm guessing that you put the file somewhere like: Programmes\Adobe\(your photoshop version here)\plug-ins\filters

When you say you have a plug-in to work on the colours I'm not sure what you mean. Is the file  extension .8bf? Or is it an action?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sarasocke

it's .8bf and it's directly under "programmes"

I have to admit, that it's the first time I've tried using anything from these discs you get with magazines.

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Carol, if it is an 8bf putting it in either the plug-ins or filters directory should do the trick.

Good luck.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.