• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

Well done Bob.  :beer:

I'm happy today because:
1: I'm having a day off work, and
2: I'm just back from my cousin's wedding. It was a wonderfully happy occasion. In my role as family photographer I had planned to take some pictures of course.  ;) They had a professional photographer who did all the big set-piece shots so I concentrated on catching candids, which is what I really like to do. I had hoped to be able to offer them 20 or 30 nice pictures as an extra wedding present. However the wedding was great, with a beautiful setting, great weather, lovely light and the most transparantly happy couple I've ever seen. So I have at least a hundred keepers. Lots I can just give them as more or less straight out of the camera jpegs. And a few quite special ones that are worth a little extra care.  ;D

spinner

WMFGT? After much soul searching, number crunching and long talks with my wife I have decided to retire. I have submitted my letter of Retirement via email effective Sept. 30th. as my sick plan runs out. This was also a strong suggestion from my doctor, which helped the decision process.  :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on August 16, 2010, 03:42:00 PM
WMFGT? After much soul searching, number crunching and long talks with my wife I have decided to retire. I have submitted my letter of Retirement via email effective Sept. 30th. as my sick plan runs out. This was also a strong suggestion from my doctor, which helped the decision process.  :)

You know it makes sense! :tup: :tup: :beer: :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Eileen

Hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement Spin.  :beer:

irv_b

@ Bob
Well done its must be a real good feeling to get asked to show you pic to one and all :tup:
@spin
Hope it works out well for you and your quality of life takes a turn for the better!
@ Eileen
Seems like you are easily slipping into the family photographer role and producing the goods bang on each time it's good you got to enjoy the wedding too.
WMMFG
My son got his acceptance letter from  Brunel Uni - I'm so proud of him, he worked real hard for it. I only hope he enjoys every day of it!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

Terrific news all round. Isn't life great! :tup:

Oldboy

Now all you have to do is enjoy it.  :tup: :beer:

Alfonso_Frisk

Great news spin
I was finished in March (site closure) after 33.5 yrs service, 32 of which were on shifts. I get paid until October due to garden leave and job search. I turn 50 this week which means I can claim a works pension in October along with a decent redundancy package.
There is very little chance of me working again due to the current climate in the N.E.  and I must say so far I have enjoyed the past 4 months doing what I want to do for a change. I do not miss the BS and daily meetings, I am eating and sleeping better than I ever have.
I guess I am now retired at 50.
Good luck fella
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

Quote from: irv_b on August 16, 2010, 07:49:17 PM
@ Bob
Well done its must be a real good feeling to get asked to show you pic to one and all :tup:
@spin
Hope it works out well for you and your quality of life takes a turn for the better!
WMMFG
My son got his acceptance letter from  Brunel Uni - I'm so proud of him, he worked real hard for it. I only hope he enjoys every day of it!

I would like to echo the sentiments of Irv and all offer congrats on his sons acceptance to Uni and remind him of this simple thought...

There are bucket loads of picture opportunities in the Bristol area, and with 3 or 4 years to make us of them...

ABERS

It's a long way from Uxbridge to Bristol Andrew! :legit:

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on August 17, 2010, 08:50:50 AM
It's a long way from Uxbridge to Bristol Andrew! :legit:
Really? Fancy Brunel Uni not being in Bristol where the great man done so much of his work...
Oh well - scrub that idea Irv, just have to wait for our next trip down the west!

spinner

Thanks all for the kind words.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

rksmith51

@Spinner, I retired at 58 two years ago it was the best move ever. I get my works pension and just bob along from week to week with no hassle. I still don't have enough time tho so have no intention of looking for anything else. For the first year and a half I felt I should be somewhere and guilty that I could please myself so its taken a while to wind down, now I'm "in the groove man"  :tup:

Enjoy it, Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Graham

Everyone I know who's retired (and that's nearly 3 people!) say thay don't know how they managed to find the time to go to work in the first place.
                  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

How can you know nearly 3 people that have retired  :-\ it's either 3 or more or less or is there a weird half human we need to know about enquiring minds want to know  ;)

To all the retirees or soon to be retired.....enjoy it I know my dad is loving it I just need to win the lottery to retire now... ;).

WMMFGT went to Bristol for the weekend weather was a bit crap so went round St Mary Redcliffe church and WOW what a church I am not religious in any way but I can appreciate the architecture of the holy places...think I got a fair few keepers (does this mean my photography is improving I wonder?) Very happy with the shots still processing them though 70 odd raw files to adjust/crop/resize/post.....when we got back there was a message on the answerphone from my dad....he had been perusing my flickr page and left a message saying how much he liked the photos particularly the shots of the tower block fire and the shots of the dragon/damsel flies at Stover...for those that don't know my dad is a retired pro photog so the compliments from him saying how good he thought they were made me feel very chuffed indeed....and yeah I'm blowing my own trumpet for once.... ;D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.