• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on July 21, 2010, 05:48:03 PM
A magazine I've had on my list for a little while "happened" to see some of my underwater pics from yesterday.

Not only do they want to run a feature on the shoot, they have called me in for a portfolio review to talk about shooting a regular feature for them :D  There are a lot of steps between here and there and these things often fall apart.  But they called me ;)
Have you put Irv on stand by?  :-X

Good news indeed.

On a similar vein - i've discovered that one of my pictures from the Harold Wood shoot has been added to the models portfolio front page.
Smalls steps = now to get another picture adopted by a model for their portfolio  :tup:

krennon

OK So a big well done to Johnathan for getting interest from the mag (if it come off you'll have to tell us which one it is so we can all rush out to get a copy and see how the pro's really do it  :tup:)

Dave congrats on finally getting the settlement I remember you posting the shots on DCM as well....and a big hi to DMT....hope you both enjoy your reward.....

I'm going to try and get some editing done.... :-\
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

deetus

A little thing I know, but watching a pair of greenfinches feeding two youngsters on one of my peanut feeders this morning. Must be a second brood.  :)

rksmith51

Reading the posts on this wonderfull site, I forgot how many great people I know and respect that hang out here,  ;) Hi all .

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Hybridphotog

Quote from: rksmith51 on July 23, 2010, 12:21:40 PM
Reading the posts on this wonderfull site, I forgot how many great people I know and respect that hang out here,  ;) Hi all .

Bob
Hi Bob. :)

Graham

Hi Bob.
             Yes . we are rather wonderful.....Well....I am! :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Hi Bob - where you been?

Had a good day today. Picked up another little earner doing shots of a church that is being restored as part of a big city development that is currently a hole in the middle of Leeds shops. I say part of - it`s on the edge and developers are stating " Well we can start again as we have 65% tenancies filled but not got any spare money" Suspect little coming from that quarter so offered to give a discount as a friend is involved in project managing it. Interesting place - clambering in the roof voids doing an hdr or two to supplement standard shots - great fun. Should help pay some of the bill for the Nikon VR F4 16-35 I just got on my wife`s credit card - well she likes getting the M&S points so I always aim to get her lots  ;)

ABERS

The RPS publish a hard back book bi-annually called Portfolio. With some 240 pages it includes work from people such as McCullin, Liebovitz, Parr and O'Neill.

WMMFGT, I have an email informing me that one of my pictures will be included in the book. :)

jinky

Great stuff Abers and well deserved

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on July 24, 2010, 06:55:31 AM
The RPS publish a hard back book bi-annually called Portfolio. With some 240 pages it includes work from people such as McCullin, Liebovitz, Parr and O'Neill.

WMMFGT, I have an email informing me that one of my pictures will be included in the book. :)

So now it includes work by people such as McCullin, Liebovitz, Abercrombie, Parr and O'Neill!
               Well done indeed. :tup:
                            Graham.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Congratulations Alan. Your work is outstanding. I don't understand why it's only the one photograph ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Quote from: Tringle WP on July 24, 2010, 04:46:30 PM
Congratulations Alan. Your work is outstanding. I don't understand why it's only the one photograph ;)

You have to give the youngsters a look-in, I wouldn't want Mr Parr to be miffed. :)

Hybridphotog

Quote from: ABERS on July 24, 2010, 04:51:22 PM
You have to give the youngsters a look-in, I wouldn't want Mr Parr to be miffed. :)
I'm sure there's some more of us who wouldn't be bothered about Mr Parr being miffed. ;)

Eileen

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.