• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

wwmfgt ok Haven't got out with the camera this weekend but it has been a tad on the warm side....but have just ordered a 2nd hand Minolta 75-300mm lens from Ffordes in Inverness for £49.00 plus p&p and a Cokin P 55mm thread holder and a ND2 grad filter all for £22.00 from premier ink....now looking forward to receiving the new purchases and having some fun with them...now off to make a coffee then edit some more of those RAW files.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hybridphotog

What made me feel good the other day?

Finding out, after some government health check scheme thing, that I have the heart of a 36 year old. :)

hevans

Quote from: Hybridphotog on July 11, 2010, 06:54:48 PM

Finding out, after some government health check scheme thing, that I have the heart of a 36 year old. :)

Shouldn't you give it back? :)

Hybridphotog

Quote from: hevans on July 11, 2010, 08:38:55 PM
Quote from: Hybridphotog on July 11, 2010, 06:54:48 PM

Shouldn't you give it back? :)

It's on loan. :)

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

krennon

WMMFGT my 75-300mm lens arriving from Ffordes....I ordered it on Sunday online and it arrived today....It said it had signs of use....not any that are really obvious that I could see.....nice lens and although some reports said the focussing ring etc are a bit stiff I like that stops lens creep....55mm thread as well so will take my current filters....I also received the cokin 55mm filter thread holder thingy and the Cokin ND grad that I ordered.....
So top marks to both Ffordes of Inverness and Premier Ink and Photographic in Warwick for a first class service. I am really impressed with the speed of service from both companies and would not hesitate to recommend them based on this first experience.  :tup: ;D

Graham

WMMFGT?
                Received a cheque from the City Council for some pics.
                I only sent the invoice and licence to use 10 days ago! Note, this is the city council we'er talking about, I wasexpecting to send at least three reminders!
                                   Graham.
                                                ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

wmmfgt checking my flickr page and according to flickr my dragon fly shot has had 260 views... :) only 1 comment but 260 views when most of my shots on flickr I'm lucky if I get 8 views....feeling very chuffed...

skellum

Quote from: Graham on July 13, 2010, 04:50:34 PM
  WMMFGT?
                I only sent the invoice and licence to use 10 days ago! Note, this is the city council we'er talking about, I wasexpecting to send at least three reminders!
                                   Graham.
                                                ;D

They may have signed up to the " Prompt Payment Code " like Preston Council have. I recieved a payment for a June Invoice yesterday which usually takes about 6 weeks,
then I noticed the payment code thing on the remittance advice. If only they were all that quick...... :legit:

Graham

Quote from: Dave on July 17, 2010, 07:20:04 PM
Quote from: Graham on July 13, 2010, 04:50:34 PM
  WMMFGT?
                                   Graham.
                                                ;D

They may have signed up to the " Prompt Payment Code " like Preston Council have. I recieved a payment for a June Invoice yesterday which usually takes about 6 weeks,
then I noticed the payment code thing on the remittance advice. If only they were all that quick...... :legit:
;) :) :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

At the weekend just tried the lens I got from Ffordes (Minolta 75-300mm f4-5.6) cost £49.00 plus £7.50p&p....
Stuck it on my Sony A350 and it seems to be great....no shots worth posting as they were literally of the neighbours scaffolding, some branches and a couple of shots of the cats in the back garden...I had read that the dreaded purple fringing (hence the shots of scaffolding & branches) could be an issue with this lens at the 300mm end but I can't seen any evidence of it at all at the moment....really happy with the lens so far, can't wait to go out on the worldwide photo walk to really try it out.... :)

ABERS

The brave new world that awaits us all when everything is run by volunteers.

I can't wait have my dustbins emptied by blue-rinsed old ladies that are giving their time F.O.C. in between sessions at the WVS and the W.I. They might put the dustbins back where they belong since they would have been to an old fashioned type school and recognise that the number on the bin equates to the number on the house!

What a delight it will be to be served in the community owned local pub by the character from the Harry Enfield Show 'Only ME!'. Mmmm.... Community Owned Local. When I lived oop North they were called Working Men's Clubs, and great fun they were too! I wonder if we will still have landlords or will they be called Stewards? Here in leafy Surrey there will be a great demand for flat caps and whippets to fall in and support good old Dave in his vision of the great new 'I'll help you we're all in this together' society. Must do one's bit y'know.

Public services on the cheap. I wonder if all those town hall staff and nurses facing redundancy will line up to volunteer after collecting their dole?

One suggestion Mr Cameron. Why don't you get all the Jehovah Witnesses to volunteer to sign up volunteers as they call door to door selling the Watchtower, a ready made sales force for your well thought out scam.

Another suggestion. Ask all those cold telephone canvassers to end their spiel with,'Well old chap since you have asked me quite politely to stick my product where the sun don't shine, can I ask you if you would be willing to do a few hours a week down at the sewage farm, it would be much appreciated'. :tup:

Hinfrance

There is no money - Labour spent it all, and then some. They passed the time during the last few years chucking cash into the gapping maw of their vastly bloated, choking, largely useless public sector, and ladled on expenditure promises they knew they would never have to keep. And then there is the huge cost of the pointless wars they got the country into just for icing on the cake.

I agree that Dave's plan is doomed; there is nothing like a bankrupt in denial, and the whole idea of personal responsibility has been slowly but surely strangled to death by the Guardianistas and their ilk over the past 30 years. All eventualities are someone else's fault, and they have to be sued for it . .

Maybe when the HSE has been dismantled local residents might be able to go back to keeping their bit of the world clean and tidy and safe, maybe even hold the odd social event without some totally extraneous council busy body (who will no doubt have collected a very generous early retirement or redundancy package despite his role never having had an iota of social or economic value to being with) telling them they have to fill in a couple of hundred forms and pay a large bill to be allowed to proceed.

Who knows, if the clock goes back far enough even school children might be subject to some discipline and, heaven forefend, open to the concept that the world doesn't owe them a living.

Sorry, I was totally day dreaming there. It'll never happen.

As an aside, I was in the yUK briefly earlier this week. I couldn't but notice that there were 5, yes 5, count them, traffic wardens making sure that no-one had the temerity to pull up outside the airport arrivals building and collect a passenger or two. This is because the pick up car park was £5.00 for half an hour. Why not fire the numpties and make the pick up car park free?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hevans

Howard,

Can't agree more with what you've commented.

H.

ABERS

Now why am I not surprised that this would evoke a response from two people that do not live in the UK?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.