• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
  • Baidu (2)
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Mmm - just had another listen - a tad repetitive is'nt it? Still it's all a matter of personal taste I suppose :)

spinner

Rage Against the Machine did a Christmas song? Bit of an oxymoron isn't it?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Nemesis

Marking the Winter Solstice sunrise  :) 
OK cloud obscured the actual sunrise, but it was exhilarating to stand on a freezing hillside with only nature for company.  Mind you, puzzled where the stinging show shower was coming from out of a clear sky overhead...

magicrhodes

Have to say RATM was a big plus for me... I believe Rage are signed to Sony who Simon Cowell also works for, not owns. Rage have donated all the money to Shelter and are planning a free gig in London, they also had nothing to do with this no1 until everyone started to contact them.

By buying RATM people weren't doing what they were told, they were taking part in a "none of the above" Brewsters Millions style complaint. How can the people who don't watch X-Factor complain.. By getting behind something else!!!

The funniest part of the week has been Simon Cowell's childish protestations about not getting the result he has come to expect!

It is my hope that the British public learn something from this and use their vote in April/May for real... X-Factor got to no1 because the silent majority were just that, the BNP got in in Yorkshire not because of high support but because people didn't vote.

greypoint

I suppose it also sums up the election for many people - both the main contenders are a bit rubbish and it's a case of deciding which is the least worst option ::)

magicrhodes

Such a beautiful morning that I can actually forgive the fact I have to be at work and not taking pictures of it... almost made me feel poetic

greypoint

More snow overnight but nowhere near as cold so at least it;s nice and slushy and not as treacherous to walk on - and some sunshine at last :D

Graham

Spent the morning in a stageringly pretty part of Buckinghamshire, walking through woodland with 8" of fresh snow on the ground.
        I'm now back in Derby with low winter sun and bog all else! :-\
        Oh, and the water board are digging up the road so we have no water. >:(
                      Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

Had a good day selling my framed prints on the Market. Best of all I sold a few that I had only taken yesterday of local areas in the snow......... :legit:

spinner

Just and I mean just, received email from headquarters that I'm getting an unexpected raise Jan 1st. woohooo!! :beer: :tup: It's only half a percent but every penny counts.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

Quote from: spinner on December 22, 2009, 07:50:58 PM
Just and I mean just, received email from headquarters that I'm getting an unexpected raise Jan 1st. woohooo!! :beer: :tup: It's only half a percent but every penny counts.
Good on yer ! Beers all round ;D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Jonathan

I was watching a docu on local boy Oliver Postgate the other night.  Shame he never lived to see this story (http://ow.ly/Pcre) come true.  I'm pretty sure it's straight out of Ivor the Engine.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

Quote from: Jonathan on December 24, 2009, 08:06:50 AM
I was watching a docu on local boy Oliver Postgate the other night.  Shame he never lived to see this story (http://ow.ly/Pcre) come true.  I'm pretty sure it's straight out of Ivor the Engine.

Thats a really good story. Just goes to show that all that is modern is not always best!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

What a story!
The simple fact is - modern trains operating over the 3rd rail system are not designed to run in the snow or ice!
Not sure what the issue is with Eurostar's - they shouldn't be falling down because they're built on established technology with redundancy built in.

The companies get told often enough by 'the oldies' what they've done wrong. There was a good reason older trains were designed how they were - it was to make them work in all conditions.
But in the end, nothing beats cold weather like a steam train.
Good old Trevithick  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on December 24, 2009, 09:55:43 AM
Not sure what the issue is with Eurostar's - they shouldn't be falling down because they're built on established technology with redundancy built in.

The story (apart from "well it's worked for 15 years") is that there was exceptionally cold air in France and then warmer air in the tunnel.  I suspect this caused a massive amount of condensation very suddenly.  It sounds plausible because we get to blame the French.

Apparently they did "overnight modifications" to fix them.  Anybody want to bet on what colour Duck Tape that involved?
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.