• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

BBC Published fake photos

Started by SimonW, December 20, 2012, 08:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

Folks,

This link:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/12/13/bbc-examines-fake-images-and-how-they-affect-us?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=generic

takes me to an article about a BBC web page, and the article has links to the BBC page itself. Unfortunately the article says the BBC page is not available in UK, and when I click the link that proves to be the case. I think it might interest most of the folk on this forum, but perhaps someone based outside UK can acess it and let the rest of us know. And perhaps someone knows a way for those of us inside UK to access it?

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Beaux Reflets

Bit of squibble really, all about using fake images to mess with the minds that imagine photographs do not lie  ::) Here is the page address -  http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121213-fake-pictures-make-real-memories/1
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

Hi Andy,

Yes that's the correct link, but it does not work in UK. All it gives me is a page explaining that the article is not available in UK due to licencing restrictions.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: SimonW on December 20, 2012, 09:01:47 AM
Hi Andy,

Yes that's the correct link, but it does not work in UK. All it gives me is a page explaining that the article is not available in UK due to licencing restrictions.

Well you are not missing much  ;) Photography has always been manipulated, even in days of film to fool minds; from the shot of fairies at the bottom of the garden to propoganda 'News documentary shots' to heap false pretence upon areas of conflict when courting public favour or Media purse. 

The article is basically underlining how the human mind can be manipulated by the premise that the camera never lies  ::)

Focusing on the fact, that by shoving rogue images into a person's collection of childhood snaps they manipulated their memory, taking advantage of how the human mind knits things together and seperates reality and dream.  :uglystupid2: and nothing new!

I wonder what those licencing restrictions are Simon - Perhaps they do not want the UK population to know things are manipulated and twisted all the time  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Simon's not wrong - I just tried the link using my UK proxy and got the 'go away you filthy licence payer, this is not for the likes of you' page.

Looked at it earlier on my French address - I think the most infamous one is the John Kerry and Jane Fonda fake - outrageous political slander. The Stalin ones are just what you would expect and only the thin end of the stick.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.