• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 105
  • Total: 105
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Hallo, are you still there?

Started by Forseti, January 27, 2010, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forseti

A few days, weeks maybe, have passed before the thought suddenly crosses your mind - strange, haven't read anything from ABERS, Irv or CannOffice (examples only of course) for a while now.   ??? Would it perhaps cross your mind that something may have happened to them - or, in the worst scenario it's you whose gone to meet your maker in the sky.

Jeffrey Friedl (of Lightroom plug-ins fame) has an interesting blog entry today http://regex.info/blog/2010-01-27/1438#comments - (scroll up to above the comments).  Have a read and ask yourself the question 'what if I popped off tomorrow, do my near and dear one's know my passwords, my blogs etc etc and what to do with them'.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

Regarding Abers and Irv - you will see in the CC Meets Cold Weather Speakers Corner gallery pictures of Irv and Abers. Irv was afforded the luxury of being pictured with Jonathan's Hassalblad and Aber's being photographed by just about all us us present at the meet. They are doing well - and as much as Alan struggles to get off his knees after 2 days of mounting 20 images he does still have life in him.

With all this cold weather and freezing pipes - i think Irv has been a bit too busy (being a plumber by trade etc) to have too much time to join in the forums. But the occasional picture does pop in.
Canon Office is located in Wales andi would imagine the string that provides the connection for his broadband has become somewhat tight with all the rain and snow being experienced - making the sending and receiving of signals some what impossible  ;D :2funny:

Eileen is somewhat busy with breaking computers and an end of course submission to make.

Any one else?

OK - i think i've brought you up to date with peoples health whilst i await LR3 to delete another 15k+ images!

My passwords are all in a book along with url's and user names, passwords associated e-mail addresses etc. It is a sad fact of life that when when you are told you have Lymphoma which is a variant of Cancer and you will have it for the rest of your life, you tend to put things in to place rather quickly! Although i am told my form of Lymphoma should see me die of old age just as much as dying of Lymphoma it does provide a wake up call none the less. So, now i live as full as life as circumstances allow and take even more pictures than i used to. But be assured that when i move on - there is enough dosh in my CC bank to buy every one a drink from the CC shop  :tup:

ABERS

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhh! :tup:

Trickee

well i am still alive  ;D been working solid since christmas only had one day out taking pictures. hope to get out this weekend. i will try and give more attendance to the site forseti, don't want to be called a truant  ;D ;D

regards

craig

CML-1591

Quote from: Forseti on January 27, 2010, 01:28:45 PM

Jeffrey Friedl (of Lightroom plug-ins fame) has an interesting blog entry today http://regex.info/blog/2010-01-27/1438#comments - (scroll up to above the comments).  Have a read and ask yourself the question 'what if I popped off tomorrow, do my near and dear one's know my passwords, my blogs etc etc and what to do with them'.

TBH i have always thought this, seeing a few friends who have friends that have died and seeing their facebook/myspace full of memories etc... No one knows my passwords really to tell anyone lol. Folks just have to text people on my phone...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Malcolm1938

Still alive and kicking too. Staff shortages due to illness and the weather have curtailled my activities but I'll be back. Hope everyone is keeping well and nobody has aready worn out their new Christmas Photo Goodies.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

irv_b

I think - therefore I am  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: ( I hope ???)
That piece is a bit of an eye opener, not really something I have thought of but I suppose it makes sense for someone in your family to know what your passwords are - mind you I only have three that I use on sites  ( excluding the banking ones etc) and my wife and the kids between them know what they are.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

DavidHammond

I'm still alive and kicking!

I've been busy working now we have the boat back, but will be a Civilian again in March, so should be getting some more piccies taken!

Hybridphotog

Quote from: ABERS on January 27, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
Is it "Talk like a pirate day" already? ;)

DavidHammond

Why are pirates called pirates?????

Because they.....

Quote from: ABERS on January 27, 2010, 02:27:53 PM

ABERS

picsfor

oi say thar boi - that be carrat crunchin talk.

Oi think 'e meens jim lad toip o' stuff

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.