• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 146
  • Total: 146
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll for "Typically British"

Started by irv_b, September 20, 2011, 10:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vote for your favourite

Delamanda - Royal Wedding Memories

0 (0%)
Reinardina - The Charity Shop

2 (11.8%)
Hinfrance - Lovely Cup of Tea

3 (17.6%)
SimonW - Bowling

2 (11.8%)
Sarasocke - Ex-Pat Survival Kit

1 (5.9%)
irv_b - Fish and chip supper

4 (23.5%)
beauxreflets - Pass The Parcel

0 (0%)
Dave - The pub

5 (29.4%)
Oldboy - Wet Weather

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 24, 2011, 10:07:00 PM

irv_b

Sorry everyone that I'm a day late but the poll is open so vote away :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

skellum

Well it would seem that I have won by 1 vote so thanks to whoever that was. Time to have a think about the next theme which is never easy infact I think its harder than accually finding a picture for the comp. Any suggestions would be appreciated as my mind is a blank at the moment.. :tup:

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Well done Dave - I suspect that you had a bit of head start there with your 'second home' being so typically British.

Irv got my vote this week with his fish and chips.

You could always do something like 'food' for next week. It might temp jinky to have a go and I can dream of stuff I might be able to eat if I hadn't got yet another root canal infection and be stuck with soup and antibiotics for the foreseeable  . .  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Congratulations Dave!

Good luck with finding a new theme.

What about a trade or craft? Or has that been done already?

Not sure I'll be entering this time, as Hubby and I are visiting Daughter in Sheffield from Wednesday till Monday.

And whoever voted for me: Thank you!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

skellum

Quote from: Reinardina on September 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM
Congratulations Dave!

Not sure I'll be entering this time, as Hubby and I are visiting Daughter in Sheffield from Wednesday till Monday.

We have had Trades & Professions a while back but it may be worth another go.

You can take photographs in Sheffield it is allowed I have done it myself in fact at Sheffield Wednesday on a Saturday so no excuse.. ;D

Sarasocke

Well done Dave! Indeed, very British  :)

Yepp, Sheffield would be a good place to take pics. Haven't done any for a couple of years, but at least no-one stopped me last time. I haven't been back "home" for a while, must try and fit it in before the end of the year.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Reinardina

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2011, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM
Congratulations Dave!

We have had Trades & Professions a while back but it may be worth another go.

You can take photographs in Sheffield it is allowed I have done it myself in fact at Sheffield Wednesday on a Saturday so no excuse.. ;D

Quote from: Sarasocke on September 25, 2011, 05:59:23 PM
Well done Dave! Indeed, very British  :)

Yepp, Sheffield would be a good place to take pics. Haven't done any for a couple of years, but at least no-one stopped me last time. I haven't been back "home" for a while, must try and fit it in before the end of the year.

Fell in love with Sheffield that first day Daughter went there to go to university. She loves it 'up north' and stayed there when she finished. We have been back there on a regular basis (once a year!) and I have taken lots of photographs in the past. This will be the first time however, I will be taking pictures with a more experienced eye. Fingers crossed I don't mess up!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

irv_b

Quote from: Dave on September 25, 2011, 12:46:26 PM
Well it would seem that I have won by 1 vote so thanks to whoever that was. Time to have a think about the next theme which is never easy infact I think its harder than accually finding a picture for the comp. Any suggestions would be appreciated as my mind is a blank at the moment.. :tup:

Oops that may have been me Dave :-[
Congrats on the win anyway and you could always throw it out as an open shot, if you can't think of anything
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Delamanda

Well done Dave!  It couldn't really get more British than that!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.