• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Deleting Duplicates

Started by Tripod, May 08, 2009, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripod

I've three computers. One desktop, two laptops. Each has large collections of images and I back them up to an external drive. How do I quickly delete duplicate images so as to save space? Is there a program available to carry out this automatically? Any idea's please.

Regards John

(Tripod)

stevebedder

Hi Tripod,

I've never tried these bits of software but one of the might do the job you need:

http://www.moleskinsoft.com/

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/dupe.html

Steve

Oldboy

Quote from: Tripod on May 08, 2009, 09:49:24 AM
I've three computers. One desktop, two laptops. Each has large collections of images and I back them up to an external drive. How do I quickly delete duplicate images so as to save space? Is there a program available to carry out this automatically? Any idea's please.

Regards John

(Tripod)
When I transfer images to my external drive, I use the Windows move option, as that deletes the file from the source drive.  :tup:

Tripod

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll be trying them out over the weekend and I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards John (Tripod)

Tripod

Steve.

Thanks for the info on software. The moleskinsoft.com I've played around with and it does the job. I've had to be very careful as although it finds duplicates, they are all listed togetherwith originals and you have to sort out from lists yourself. These list do not always show thumbnails. So if listed by image numbers then it becomes necessary to look and look again. But it does the job.

MANY THANKS   

regards John (Tripod)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.