• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Canon not at Focus?

Started by Jonathan, February 21, 2011, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

This is unconfirmed ATM because no news site seems to have it but....

The floorplan for Focus on Imaging appears to have been changed over the weekend.  On Thursday Canon were on the exhibitors' list and occupied a big chunk of the floorplan.  Now they aren't and they don't.....

Can't get hold of an old version of the plan to see if space has been reallocated but I bet there's space going cheap right now.
It's Guest's round

Jonathan

'k it's official.  No Canon at Focus.

No real reason given.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Very strange!  :o

Perhaps they've thrown in the towel to Nikon.  :2funny: :2funny:

Graham

Cue Angelfire......Angelfire to the stage please!
                               :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Yes read Canon had pulled out on Photoradar - seems a strange marketing decision but they gave no inkling as to why  ???

Jonathan

Quote from: jinky on February 22, 2011, 04:32:06 PM
Yes read Canon had pulled out on Photoradar - seems a strange marketing decision but they gave no inkling as to why  ???

Yeah it's possible they got it from me ;)

Sadly nobody seems interested in asking Canon why.  They gave a bland excuse and promised a press release.  AFAIK they haven't done that.  I suspect the answer is mundane and political but it would be nice to think there were some journalists left.
It's Guest's round

Malcolm1938

Maybe - just maybe .... they were going to launch a compact interchangeable lens system and they have found it wont be ready in time.

Maybe - just maybe .... they feel that they are coming up against something they didn't expect to take off which has surprised them and they need time to reposition themselves

It's easier to find excuses than justification....
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Carlj

anglefire

Just got back last night from France, so just seen this!

I'm not going to defend it. Its a shame and doesn't look good. But you have to wonder what they get out of it - must cost mega bucks to put on. And they have their own trade show in October.

Can't say it bothers me actually - I'm not looking to buy anything in the short term and lets be honest, anyone wanting anything will go to the shop - they have their pet suppliers giving discounts at the show still so that angle is covered.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.