• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Is It Catching?

Started by ABERS, February 05, 2015, 09:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Noticing the lack of activity here on CC over the past week or two, I'm beginning to wonder if there is some dreaded virus that has spread around the forum. Even the ardent competition fans seem to have caught it.

I haven't been myself for some time now having suffered a recurrence of a severe bout of procrastination. Looking at my L/room catalogues I see that the last time I pressed the shutter was on Oct 2nd last year.

Last Monday I felt that things were getting better when the snow arrived. I had been waiting for it to happen for some time now since there is a shot that I've formulated in my mind's eye that I've been intending to take for some time. Fortunately however the snow wasn't deep enough and it had gone by lunchtime, so there was another excuse not to get off my ass and go out.

I've learned over a long period of time that if you force yourself to go out you usually end up with nothing, well nothing worth a second glance that is. So that's my excuse, but I'll try and put it right. Next week perhaps. ???

What's your excuse?

Beaux Reflets

Flu bugs, split molar and general winter blues has certainly slowed and chilled my endeavours. Cannot wait for Spring and hopefully upgrading my kit to boot (and perhaps the latter bears upon the Winter indifference)  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

I think it is catching.

At the moment three regulars are on holiday, but even before that, two of them were not as 'regular' as they used to be.

We had snow too, and I went out before breakfast, as I could not not do it, but as I was expecting someone, I could not stay out long, so only took a picture at the end of the street. I'll upload it, once I finish this post, just to show I really did it. When the visitor left, the snow had gone too.

Went on a nice Sunday walk, specifically to take photos, as the weather was supposed to be sunny, but the sun was only out early on and when we were going home. For the rest it was grey and most of the photos I took were not really inspiring.

There's one that could have been good, but I used the wrong camera settings (it still happens, though less frequent). It's not bad, but there is some flare I am struggling with.

I am also shooting RAW now, and struggle with it. I can see the merits, but I cannot see the nuances in colour when I use the sliders. I can see the difference between the extremes, but not the subtle differences in between, which is rather depressing.

I have done a bit of 'fantasy editing' lately, mainly on older photos, and that went well. Here I can go wild and do not have to bother with subtle colour differences!
I've been quite successful with some of it, as my 'City at Night' looks like winning a monthly competition. I also granted someone  a license to this image, for personal use only etc.

Well, this is a very long story, full of semi explanations and excuses, but the real reason I am 'out of it' is the fact that I am still stuck halfway in my total renovation/refurbishment of my apartment.
I'm now waiting for a period of dry weather, so that the roof over the dining room can be replaced. Till that is done, I am more or less stuck.

I have ordered new settees (delivery in May), am awaiting the return of an antique chair I am having refurbished, another chair will be reupholstered as soon as soon as the trader has the material in.

New kitchen, dining room furniture, blinds and flooring are still on the programme, and to be honest, my head is full of dining tables, blinds and kitchen fittings. There is hardly room for creative thinking not associated with interior decorating.

But ... I think I am slowly finding my mojo again, so there is hope.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

It's that cold people can't use their fingers to type!  :P

Graham

I always go into hibernation mode this time of year (More so since I've been a "Lady of Leisure"). looking forward to spring and the longer days.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on February 05, 2015, 09:10:21 AM
Noticing the lack of activity here on CC over the past week or two, I'm beginning to wonder if there is some dreaded virus that has spread around the forum. Even the ardent competition fans seem to have caught it.

I haven't been myself for some time now having suffered a recurrence of a severe bout of procrastination. Looking at my L/room catalogues I see that the last time I pressed the shutter was on Oct 2nd last year.

Last Monday I felt that things were getting better when the snow arrived. I had been waiting for it to happen for some time now since there is a shot that I've formulated in my mind's eye that I've been intending to take for some time. Fortunately however the snow wasn't deep enough and it had gone by lunchtime, so there was another excuse not to get off my ass and go out.

I've learned over a long period of time that if you force yourself to go out you usually end up with nothing, well nothing worth a second glance that is. So that's my excuse, but I'll try and put it right. Next week perhaps. ???

What's your excuse?
If you want snow, I can send some :)  22 cm on the weekend.  It is -17C right now.  Saturday is supposed to be another 10 cm of snow.   

It is partially the time of the year.   I did take this in the past two days.  It is one of the girls toys.  It has some LEDs on strings and spins. 

spikeyjen

a quick hello from me, my internet time is limited to WiFi access. currently in Hawaii and heading off to the Canadian snow in 4 days time. not looking forward to being cold (particularly as I am sunburnt from snorkeling). Will work out how I can be involved in the challenges soon

donoreo

Quote from: spikeyjen on February 05, 2015, 06:32:40 PM
a quick hello from me, my internet time is limited to WiFi access. currently in Hawaii and heading off to the Canadian snow in 4 days time. not looking forward to being cold (particularly as I am sunburnt from snorkeling). Will work out how I can be involved in the challenges soon
It was only -18C overnight here.  Saturday is expecting 10-15cm of snow.  Nothing much :)  Where will you be visiting? 

spikeyjen

Quote from: donoreo on February 05, 2015, 07:36:45 PM
It was only -18C overnight here.  Saturday is expecting 10-15cm of snow.  Nothing much :)  Where will you be visiting?

On Sunday we fly to Vancouver and then up to Whistler where my son is working for the winter, haven't seen him since last April. we then head up to Jasper and down to Calgary where I stay with some friends. Then on to Winnipeg and up to Churchill in search of northern lights and polar bears!! We then have another 2 weeks in canada, ending up in New York, and another 6 weeks driving across US hoping to take in Yellowstone and Yosemite before flying home from LA at the end of April. Whew...

Reinardina

That's not fair Jen, to put all this in front of us, poor people stuck at home!

But, have a great time!

DigiDiva

Well my holiday is almost over. After a bout of flu at Christmas resulting in a chest infection then bronchitis the last 3 weeks I haven't done much.  Took over a thousand images in tenerife though.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

You'll now need a week off, to sort out those photos!

donoreo

Quote from: spikeyjen on February 06, 2015, 06:54:36 PM
Quote from: donoreo on February 05, 2015, 07:36:45 PM

On Sunday we fly to Vancouver and then up to Whistler where my son is working for the winter, haven't seen him since last April. we then head up to Jasper and down to Calgary where I stay with some friends. Then on to Winnipeg and up to Churchill in search of northern lights and polar bears!! We then have another 2 weeks in canada, ending up in New York, and another 6 weeks driving across US hoping to take in Yellowstone and Yosemite before flying home from LA at the end of April. Whew...
That is quite the trip.  You will see snow.  It will be cold on many of those places.  VERY cold. 
Churchill will be cold - no doubt.  Both of my parents were there when they were in the military.  My father was Military Police which means he locked up drunks and chased polar bears.  They used to walk down the main street heading to the garbage dump to look for food.  This was a long time ago, early 1960s but the bears do still come into town.  Did I mention it will be cold?  It is currently -32C in Churchill. 

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 06, 2015, 07:18:53 PM
Well my holiday is almost over. After a bout of flu at Christmas resulting in a chest infection then bronchitis the last 3 weeks I haven't done much.  Took over a thousand images in tenerife though.
Well whatever it is DD you certainly haven't caught it. 1000 + images  :o,  that's certainly impressive, how will you handle the workload that that amount will entail?

DigiDiva

Most will be deleted. Once they are gone I plan doing a photo book as a holiday story including scanning various restaurant bills and a map with notes on to be included.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.