• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 27
  • Total: 27
  • Bingbot
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

My favourite Camera review sites.

Started by Mick, November 06, 2007, 10:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Here's a couple of links to start off with.

dpreview.com

www.fredmiranda.com

www.steves-digicams.co.uk
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guest4

This one's not bad

http://www.cameralabs.com/

The reviews are pretty comprehensive and they sometimes put some good comparisons together.

stevebedder

Hi bones615,

Welcome to CameraCraniums  :tup:

I've not found that EF Lens review site before but will certainly be bookmarking it! I like that it has links to other manufacturers too.

Thanks for sharing it.

Steve

bones615

Thanks for the welcome Steve,
Here is a beginners guide to lens buying which I found useful.
http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html

Mick

Hi bones615, and welcome to CC.

A couple of handy links there.  Not seen either of these before,  So thanks.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

Offertonhatter

I did like DPreviews once, but no more, they have a bias towards the main two. Apart from that, the others mentioned are okay.
Proud Pentaxian, so don't mention CaNikon....LOL

anglefire

Another good site if you are into Canon's is http://www.the-digital-picture.com/ - can be a little bias, but is generally good.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Damon

Quote from: anglefire on May 04, 2009, 10:45:05 PM
Another good site if you are into Canon's is http://www.the-digital-picture.com/ - can be a little bias, but is generally good.

Have used this site before, Mark. (Your recommendation then i believe) Found it to be very good.
Damon.

anglefire

Thanks!

Have you read the review of the new TSE 24mm II lens?

Its sound a fantastic lens - the CA control is unbelievable - Its been compared with about 3 other lenses and it comes so far up the pile.

Mind you - it is a fair amount of money more than the rest!!

I'd love one - or the 17mm - the stuff I do at work that would benefit from one - but they won't pay the loose change needed to get one :(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Damon

Must agree with you, these do look fantastic lenses & was only saying to my long suffering wife the other day, how the 17mm would compliment my existing kit. Was looking good too,untill i told her the prices of these lenses. :'( Should of kept my mouth shut :-\

Current Jessops Retail price`s 24mm £2399 & 17mm £2749 :legit:
Damon.

John Doyle2

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.