• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
  • Google (AdSense) (2)
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way.

Started by Mick, March 17, 2019, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on April 22, 2019, 01:54:33 PM
I've just had 1809 installed on my PC - seems to be lagging a bit - can't say its made any difference to mine.

Strangely enough, my spare laptop just updated itself, then there was two more updates afterwards, turns out one of those was 1809.  Wonder why it suddenly decided to install the "October" update now.  ???  It did however kill my Norton security, so I've just had to run the remove and reinstall tool.  Seems ok now. 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Oh dear,  :o look what's popped up in my Windows update today.  I assume they've fixed the issues they were having, and now rolling it out.  Anyone else installed it?

My Gallery

OpenSea

Hinfrance

I've already had a few fixes from app vendors for 1903, but I haven't got 1903 yet.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Went for it.  Failed to install the first time, gave an error code which appears to mean it didn't download properly.  Went back to Windows update and it was downloading it again.  Then it proceeded to start installing it in the background.  By the time I went to bed it was at 68% installed.  Left it on all night and this morning it was waiting for me to restart so it could finish the update.  Another hour later and it's installed and seems to be working well atm. (touches wood).

My Gallery

OpenSea

anglefire

My pc died whilst we were away in wales over the weekend.  Psu gone. So bought a new one with a new case as the one I have is just too small.

Got it all rebuilt and booted and it's decided to go straight for a windows update.

Which then failed. so rolled back and the. Froze on the boot screen.  Powered off and back on
Rebooted and it again went for another update - but very quickly decided to roll back.

Now going to bed. 
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

I updated both our laptops, and one Desktop PC with 1903 without problems so far. I have one old desktop to go.

My Gallery

OpenSea

anglefire

One reason might be that I didn't put new heatsync paste on after cleaning the dust out of the fins - and I also think it wasn't clipped in properly.

So was running very hot (90'c!) and was folding back something rotton!

All sorted now - and idles at just under 40'C - but rapidly rises when pushed a bit - so have ordered a better cooler - one that should cope as its rated at 130W and my CPU seems to top out at 50!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

New cooler is installed - and is fantastic - doesn't go above 53'C now - and idles in the low 30's - given the lounge is currently 25, that's good :)

And this morning, I went for the upgrade and 1903 is now up and running. No idea what has changed - nothing obvious at the moment!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Just wondering if all are OK with the windows update. I`d had nothing until I looked this morning and I had a prompt somewhere saying I was outdated and needed to do an update. I cannot see where I saw it now as an option but wondered if it was safe and how I can rollback to previous if it goes wrong. Is there an automatic roll back offered or do I have to somehow save something somewhere.

Oldboy

Not sure Microsoft's rollback is any good. Used to use restore often and it worked fine then, with the release of Windows 10 it would create a restore point then delete it? So to be sure I used the Windows full backup to a external hard drive. Guess what, it doesn't work either. not impressed at all.  >:( >:( >:(

Hinfrance

Mine's still on 1803. It tried to update and failed several times - said it couldn't configure one of the devices. Then it updated net and stopped bothering me. I keep a Macrium Reflect image, and I suggest everyone does the same. It's free and effective.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Got nagged again. Still won't install.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 27, 2019, 08:43:09 PM
Mine's still on 1803. It tried to update and failed several times - said it couldn't configure one of the devices. Then it updated net and stopped bothering me. I keep a Macrium Reflect image, and I suggest everyone does the same. It's free and effective.

H, just out of curiosity, What device can't it configure?  Wonder if you've tried finding updated drivers for it direct from manufacturer, and then running the 1903 update again.  Or perhaps disable the device first.  Trouble is the version you're on now 1803 will soon become unsupported.

Also,  is there any error codes next to the failed update, in windows update?

My Gallery

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Hi Mick, no error codes and no clue as to what the 'device' is. The only thing I have directly connected is my Saffire audio interface for which I have the latest driver. I have searched the interwebs and found nothing that will help me identify the offending device - if I could I would simply disconnect during the update.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 31, 2019, 07:34:09 AM
Hi Mick, no error codes and no clue as to what the 'device' is. The only thing I have directly connected is my Saffire audio interface for which I have the latest driver. I have searched the interwebs and found nothing that will help me identify the offending device - if I could I would simply disconnect during the update.

Think you need to unplug all external devices when performing the update, I know there's been problems related to this.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.