• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 285
  • Total: 285
  • Google
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Special offers on Adobe products

Started by krennon, November 22, 2011, 10:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Thought I'd share this with y'll just ordered a copy of elements 10 for £47.56 inc vat....oh and they've got offers on Lightroom as well (sadly out of my price bracket  :'()

http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xnTHHqnEcnvnTncvP

Get 40% off Photoshop Elements 10. Buy now | Read online 
With a deal like this, now's the time to get the tools to easily organise, edit, create and share all your photos. Photoshop Elements 10 – the complete solution for transforming everyday memories into extraordinary photos.
Or call 0800 0280148 for Adobe Direct Sales.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Thanks Keith, but I've got Photoshop CS3.  ;D

Colin

On another forum PSE10 is on sale at PC World / Currys at the moment for £29.95 also keep an eye on Amazon for it's Friday deals as it appears on there for that price and also Lightroom was £120 recently.

Hinfrance

Can't work out the Amazon deals - they send me an email saying x or y is on special offer, I click the link and get a page full of unrelated stuff. If I then search their deals for the offer they specifically mentioned is never there. Life's too short . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Colin on November 23, 2011, 06:46:35 AM
On another forum PSE10 is on sale at PC World / Currys at the moment for £29.95 also keep an eye on Amazon for it's Friday deals as it appears on there for that price and also Lightroom was £120 recently.

Your right Colin, thanks  :tup: , I just checked it myself, and sure enough it's £29.99   There's also a reserve and collect on that one. so you can use that and walk into store and by it at that price too.  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/adobe-photoshop-elements-10-11434008-pdt.html
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

SimonW

I wonder, could it be a signal that PSE11 won't be long in coming?
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

skellum

Quote from: admin on November 23, 2011, 09:18:35 AM
Quote from: Colin on November 23, 2011, 06:46:35 AM

Your right Colin, thanks  :tup: , I just checked it myself, and sure enough it's £29.99   There's also a reserve and collect on that one. so you can use that and walk into store and by it at that price too.  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/adobe-photoshop-elements-10-11434008-pdt.html

Just checked your link Mick and it is £ 54.99 and only licenced for 1 pc. Is that the norm now ?  I bought Lightroom during the summer and have installed it on 2 pc's & my laptop with no problem.

Mick

Hmm, sorry about that guys..  Seriously, I only checked their site this morning after reading Colin's post, and it was defo £29.99   :o
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

judging by Scott Kelby's open letter to Adobe last week - i suspect Adobe is changing their pricing strategy to one of grab as much as you can...

Hinfrance

Quote from: picsfor on November 23, 2011, 09:20:21 PM
judging by Scott Kelby's open letter to Adobe last week - i suspect Adobe is changing their pricing strategy to one of grab as much as you can...

Just read that. It just looks like a slight tweak to their corporate policy of gouging the customer at every turn as they don't really have any competition. For example, they have never supported new variants of RAW files, punters always had to stump up for the latest version of CS even if they didn't want it just to be able to load RAWs from their latest Cankons.

All completely irrelevant to me as even their previous upgrade prices were far more than I would be prepared to pay for the software anyway.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 24, 2011, 06:20:49 AM
Quote from: picsfor on November 23, 2011, 09:20:21 PM

Just read that. It just looks like a slight tweak to their corporate policy of gouging the customer at every turn as they don't really have any competition. For example, they have never supported new variants of RAW files, punters always had to stump up for the latest version of CS even if they didn't want it just to be able to load RAWs from their latest Cankons.

All completely irrelevant to me as even their previous upgrade prices were far more than I would be prepared to pay for the software anyway.

Yup, and they wonder why torrent sites are so popular.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

The problem is, Apple already give away iPhoto, which does a lot of peoples needs who use Macs, they are also 'almost giving away' Aperture 3 via the App store - and whilst not perfect, it is serious enough to stop a lot of people paying out for Adobe LR. Paint Shop Pro doesn't get much of a mention, and yet it is till a more than capable image, pic editor, as is the Serif package offered here in comps.

Adobe need to be changing there game or they will end up like MS - missing the boat. I'm not saying MS are dead. but they're made serious mistakes this last few years and are paying a price for it...

Do not see Adobe getting any more from me for Photoshop, though i might go to LR4 if it has a much improved brush tool that is square/ rectangular as opposed to just circular... 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.