• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT thread for weekly comp 1st August --- 7th August MOVEMENT

Started by jimthetrain, July 31, 2011, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimthetrain

This weeks theme is to show MOVEMENT somewhere in the picture.  :legit:

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 1st August 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 7th August 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 8th August 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 9th August 2011. Winner to be announced Saturday 13th August 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Reinardina

D*mn! Totally out of my comfort zone! I never get it right with movement.

Good challenge though. I'll do my best!

Reinardina.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jimthetrain

here's something from a while back as an example
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Markulous

We're off to Bakewell Show later in the week......... and they have Scurrying (the pony sort, not the dogs) so hopefully be able to repeat past attempts!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

krennon

may have to have a go at this one myself hopefully.....off to London tomorrow so may be able to get something there...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Motion blur in my shots is mostly accidental. Haven't mastered the technique yet to do it 'on purpose.' With my previous (bridge) camera I could just about manage it, but with my new one, I'm still floundering.

With a lot of patience however, and even more 'burst' shots, I managed to 'catch' a goldfinch in flight. Nicely blurred.

We created a small wildlife haven on our (fourth floor) terrace, with lots of native flowers. This attracts loads of insects, and at the moment, flocks of goldfinches. They are extremely shy though, and disappear at the slightest movement. But I managed it in the end, shooting through the kitchen window.

If you look carefully, you can see two more finches (just about); one in the top right and one in the bottom left.

picsfor

Slow shutter speed is what you need... Hand held or tripod.
Set camera to TV or similar and set a shutter speed of about 1/30th sec or slower and you'll get differing levels of motion blur.
The other trick is jerk when you press the shutter button - some call it camera shake - bet every thing looks like it's moving  :tup: :D

Reinardina

Quote from: picsfor on August 05, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
Slow shutter speed is what you need... Hand held or tripod.
Set camera to TV or similar and set a shutter speed of about 1/30th sec or slower and you'll get differing levels of motion blur.
The other trick is jerk when you press the shutter button - some call it camera shake - bet every thing looks like it's moving  :tup: :D

Thanks Andrew. I had a go and the jerk is not too difficult, even though the results are not yet any good. With the slow shutter speed I still have all sorts problems. Working on it. (Till the next challenge comes along.)

(One of) my problem(s) is, that I never ever learned anything about the ins and outs of photography. I read about it, think I 'get' it, but unless I regularly use it, I lose it and have to start from scratch next time I need that particular bit of knowledge.

Doesn't really matter though, it's fun trying.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.