• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Highlighted blue text

Started by jinky, October 18, 2013, 08:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I`ve got that problem again where some text is coming up highlighted blue with a link. Not a big problem but last time I had it someone on here told me a programme that would have installed itself with a toolbar or something and I got rid. An example is Canon
Says it has been installed with viglink and I read somewhere that this happens on some sites linked to Tapitalk or whatever it is . Anyone any suggestions?

Just tried to disable it after a link I saw testing  -  canon

No - didn`t work  :D

And again  Canon

And again no - told me viglink was disabled but not

One last test after supposedly disabling it again canon

Worked this time - if you have it just google disable viglink and there is a button to disable it but you have to do it for each browser you use. I am rteally learning on this site. Now I pose and answer my own questions  :D

Mick only just thought though - is it a money making think for this site that I have disabled?

Mick

Paul, sorry for any confusion.  Yes, I have Viglink installed on the site to help with the hosting costs, it should turn relevant words into links, and I get paid if anyone makes a purchase.  As you've discovered you can opt out, which is fine by me.

Same thing if you post an actual text link to for example amazon.com amazon.co.uk  or ebay 7dayshop etc, and someone makes a purchase then the site get a few pence towards the pot.  It's not working very well though on here for some reason.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Ah sorry Mick. I should have asked first before disabling it. Thought it would be annoying people and only noticed it on my posts. Last time it was a rogue programme that did it that I had to uninstall and thought it was back.`ll make sure I feed some Amazon links over when I use them.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.