• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 94
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

How many of you play a musical instrument?

Started by Mick, September 25, 2012, 07:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

I've noticed lately there's one or two pics of people playing guitars etc, appearing in the gallery.  8)

So I'm curious.  How many of you play a musical instrument, or sing / play in a band?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Well I own several guitars and a rather nice Kentucky mandolin. I drift in and out of "dabbleing" with them.
  Never really given it the time it needs to become any good.  :-[
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

I love singing at times. Always out of tune though. No instrument.

Have photographed several musical events though, and one local group was so impressed with my shots, they have asked me to do a photoshoot. (Real) photographer friend and I are now on the lookout for suitable backgrounds etc.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

nickt

I play latin percussion and jam with a mate's band. (When they let me!) Mainly bongoes, claves and the guiro. I'm not that good as I don't play/practice as much as I should.
Nick

Matthew

I used to play keyboard at high school. I was an "A" student at it. I could write tunes and play them. I had my own keyboard at home and used to play it often. My signature tune was "The Entertainer" (Charlie Chaplin).......I could play that with both hands....eg, the same as a piano player......left hand doing fancy chord runs and the right playing the melody.......

I then went onto composing dance/trance music using software and the computer.......for my own listening, never played publicly.......

Alas, I havent "tickled the ivories"...or more accurately, the injection moulded keys in years......I miss those days.

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ABERS

I'm a dab-hand on the spoons. I have a little trouble with songs like 'My Way' but I can make the old EPNS rattle along to Chas & Dave.  :dance: :dance:

Hinfrance

I played double bass in the school orchestra and once or twice in a regional schools' orchestra, then bass guitar in a couple of folk and jazz (my, how I hate jazz) bands. Then various rock bands with aspirations, which was a lot of fun, recorded a couple of singles and then two albums with a goth rock band. John Peel played our stuff a bit on the wireless. After getting a proper job I passed many a happy year in a pub rock band playing around the Cotswolds and sometimes a little further afield. My name appears, just the once, on page 519 of one edition of the Rough Guide to Rock ;)

I haven't really played very much since moving to France. Mainly because the tinnitus would only get worse, and it's bad enough as it is.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 26, 2012, 08:57:14 AM
I played double bass in the school orchestra and once or twice in a regional schools' orchestra, then bass guitar in a couple of folk and jazz (my, how I hate jazz) bands. Then various rock bands with aspirations, which was a lot of fun, recorded a couple of singles and then two albums with a goth rock band. John Peel played our stuff a bit on the wireless. After getting a proper job I passed many a happy year in a pub rock band playing around the Cotswolds and sometimes a little further afield. My name appears, just the once, on page 519 of one edition of the Rough Guide to Rock ;)

I haven't really played very much since moving to France. Mainly because the tinnitus would only get worse, and it's bad enough as it is.

Wow! That's some musical history you have there  :tup: :beer:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jinky

I played lead guitar with Oasis and also sang with the Who - sound better in the lounge with the volume loud than I do i the shower though  :D

Seriously I can play House of the Rising Sun and Fog on the Tyne ( just Geordie classic obviously) on my guitar finger picking and strum a mean chord if I have a book telling me what they are and my stubby little fingers can reach most of the notes. My one public appearance was on a weekend residential when somehow some people got the impression I could really play and I went along with it for a laugh. The daft thing was after a few drinks with them all sat around me and singing along the end result was they said I was not bad  :2funny:. Amazing what loud voices and alcohol will hide.

As for H I have known for a while that we are in the presence of greatness and I will have to look out that book - a real claim to fame!

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on September 26, 2012, 08:29:02 AM
I'm a dab-hand on the spoons. I have a little trouble with songs like 'My Way' but I can make the old EPNS rattle along to Chas & Dave.  :dance: :dance:

Chas & Dave you say!

These are Chas &'s fingers.

Never one to miss a chance to pos a pic. :-[
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

moi. I played Guitar fo many years from the age of 16. Even on top of a wardrobe. Taught my son who has played in gigs  all over.  Given it up now . Bad arthritis

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

Quote from: Beryl on September 26, 2012, 05:28:30 PM
moi. I played Guitar fo many years from the age of 16. Even on top of a wardrobe. Taught my son who has played in gigs  all over.  Given it up now . Bad arthritis

Oh Beryl, that takes me right back! What a gorgeous picture!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beryl

Thank you. It was great fun. I was in the WRNS
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Beaux Reflets

I still have my Alto, although work and family sidetracked my efforts to learn how to really play it, and now photography has taken over any musical aspirations.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.