• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Which browser

Started by happypaddler, September 03, 2009, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Andrew, you're looking in a very small dark corner of a very large brightly lit room  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

Not on a Mac i'm not  :tup:
It's about the hardest browser to get for a Mac  :tup: :tup: :tup:

ABERS

I always feel very inadequate when I read threads like this, firstly I don't know what half of it is about and secondly the jargon used is very confusing.
I use my computer for four things

• photography
    keeping up with the news especially sports
    the odd email
    googling

I wouldn't know the difference between url and a server or a browser, and I don't think I need to, because I don't like complications.

I think I am on Internet Explorer and whether that's one of the three things listed above it works perfectly for me.

picsfor

Alan,

your views sum up exactly how a computer should be used.
It is a tool to serve you and not you being there to serve it.
Many of these type of threads i think are just about teasing - you know the old which brand is best Nikon or Canon, Mac or Windows etc.

Ignorance can some times be the greatest bliss of all. And judging by your pictures, quite rewarding  :tup:

happypaddler

I only posted the note here and resurrected this thread as I know users of all the different platforms read it when I first asked the question... I agree with the point that a computer is a tool, add to Alan's list internet banking, confidential work web-based email etc and security issues become a necessary thought. If a national government is suggesting its own people avoid using it, I thought it worth pointing out for anyone using Microsoft IE.

chris@seary.com

As long as people think they can make their computing secure by simply swapping software/operating system/computer, then there will always be a demand for my IT Security consultancy when they later find the job needs doing properly............

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.