• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

PATRIOTISM - Chat Thread for weekly comp. (until Sunday 25th Jan)

Started by spikeyjen, January 18, 2015, 06:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

THIS IS THE CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is PATRIOTISM

Next Monday (26th Jan) is Australia Day, a day of BBQ's, lamingtons, flags, a good beer and Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.
While this competition will end before Australia Day, this week you are invited to post your best image that represents Patriotism for your country. 

Absolutely open to interpretation.  No restrictions on post-processing.

Pictures to be taken between now (Sunday 18th) and Sun 25th January 2015.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 26th Jan 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 27th Jan 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 31th January 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

Jediboy

I like the sound of this, it's got me thinking early on a Sunday morning.
Enjoy Australia Day.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

oggalily

Theses interesting as the local team, the New England Patriots, have just earned a trip to the Superbowl.  They wear red, white and blue and I expect there will be signs of support around - I'll see what I can find.

Hinfrance

Went looking for a flag today for the competition - couldn't find one in the shop that used to stock them - so I went for a statue in the middle of town.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Taken many moons ago in Paris.

It's not a sweet and lovely thing to die for your country, it's nasty, messy and inglorious. Ask anyone who has been there and seen it and lived through it.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Indeed it is one of the oldest lies, but not necessarily why people might think. Ask any serviceman or woman why they fight and it is for their family, their friends, their ideals. Country is a long way down the list of reasons.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 22, 2015, 08:11:48 AM
Indeed it is one of the oldest lies, but not necessarily why people might think. Ask any serviceman or woman why they fight and it is for their family, their friends, their ideals. Country is a long way down the list of reasons.

My late father who did twenty years service, including six for the second world war, always said for King/Queen and country. He did twelve years before the war and left the army in 1938 but, when war was declared on the 3rd September 1939, he went to his old regiment on Monday 4Th 1939 and joined back up. He loved his country but he didn't like the MPs who sold our country down the river, or those who said make this a country fit for heroes then told those same heroes to 'sod off' in later life when they required help. It didn't mean he lost his love for his country, in fact, it was even stronger in his later life.  :tup:

jinky

On what might be my last walk around with my back up D7000 I grabbed this one in the market - I know...selective colour! Some of the wedding pros up here would hang me out to dry and kick me out of their precious facebook pro groups. Think I`ll post it there too  ;). Hoping to benefit from the bonus £100 trade in and getting a  Fuji XT1 tomorrow.

spikeyjen

I love it Jinky, I don't care what others think, I really like selective coloring when it's used well

Hinfrance

Jinky, I have only done one wedding, for friends, and as a joke I stuck in a colour pop shot them in front of some floral table decoration. It was their favourite picture from the whole set*  :uglystupid2:  :legit:

*I suppose that must mean the rest of them were really rubbish.  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

I thought, selective colour images were more or less 'invented' by wedding photographers, or at least popularised by them.
I suppose people, who never look twice at photographs, and possibly only use their mobiles to collect memories, are 'stunned' by the magic of a partially coloured image.

So far this week, I had a decorator in for three days, a day for my voluntary work and now I am waiting for the electrician. Apart for my voluntary ranger job, I have not had the camera out at all, nor have I given patriotism much thought. The weekend is reserved for other things, so, unless I am 'hit' by patriotism somewhere, there's not much chance of an entry from me.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

looks like i may miss this one, wedding tomorrow and inlaws etc: on Sunday so not to good to get out. :(

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.