• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 283
  • Total: 283
  • Google
  • Bingbot
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

BLackpool Illuminations Meet Proposal

Started by picsfor, July 03, 2010, 12:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

I've mentioned this before and after the Cornwall meet i think it is worth looking at properly.

The proposal is for a meet up the North West to get together with a friends up that way. We could use the time to visit the Illuminations at Blackpool in the evening (and even stay there).
Initially you have to Dave and Jim to tie in with (Jim's RD pattern and Dave's football requirements at Preston) and not sure what Just Dave would be up to.
Alan1572 would be fairly close at hand as well and you have the day time option of visiting the Lakes (which is just around the corner) or some where like Liverpool which also has some rather stunning views to behold. Just check out Dave's web site if you have any doubts...

Oh and of course Sandy can get her copy of Dave's telephone boxes...

I'm looking around the September time so input would be welcome on this proposal so i can start to look at numbers and dates etc...

Just Dave

Hi

Id be up for a meet in Blackpool for the illuminations, and get to know other members, I have lots of night shots, just cant find them at the moment,

Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Hybridphotog

If this goes ahead, photography on the piers is banned. Keep warm too, photography (or anything in general) gets very tedious when you get cold.

Take heed from the voice of experience. ;)

Graham

Quote from: Hybridphotog on July 03, 2010, 05:39:00 PM
If this goes ahead, photography on the piers is banned. Keep warm too, photography (or anything in general) gets very tedious when you get cold.

Yes, I remember that spread you had in DCM. Night time shots with Ben Wotsisname.
               Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Quote from: Hybridphotog on July 03, 2010, 05:39:00 PM

Now Graham mentions it i seem to vaguely recall the DCM feature as well.
Piers would not be touched - simply not enough time! It's a bloody long hike from the Pleasure Beach end right up Fleetwood end.
You only walk it the one way  :tup:
As for cold - yep know it only too well. Why is it colder in Blackpool than Southport? There's only a Ribble between them and yet the temperature can vary so much...
But thanks for the reminder.

Just Dave

Hi

Wondering if it would be worth combing Illuminations and Fireworks

Blackpool Illuminations start 3rd September - 7th November 2010

And The World Fireworks Championships - Champion of Champions Start 10th sept Clicky Linky
Champion of Champions (10/09/2010 - 12/09/2010)
Day   Times
Friday   19:30   19:30
Saturday   19:30   19:30
Sunday   19:30   19:30

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

skellum

Take heed from the voice of experience

I have never had a problem photographing on the Piers and I don't think Jim has but then I have now got into the habit of asking permission where ever I turn up or at least announce to someone what I am doing. Then again I think the best pictures are taken away from the piers but including them in the shot. I will see if I can find some.

As for the cold well I must be used to it by now sitting at the side of football pitches in all weathers..   I would recommend a pair of thin gloves though to keep the chill of your fingers but still allow you to feel your camera controls.... Why am I talking about the cold on a pleasant July evening ???.... :legit:

Found a couple of shots..

picsfor

Quote from: Just Dave on July 03, 2010, 09:42:40 PM
Hi

And The World Fireworks Championships - Champion of Champions Start 10th sept Clicky Linky
Day   Times

Dave

I like your thinking Dave. Thanks for the input.
Firworks one night, lummies the next...

Now to see if we can make those dates...

skellum

Quote from: picsfor on July 03, 2010, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: Just Dave on July 03, 2010, 09:42:40 PM
Hi

Day   Times

Dave

I like your thinking Dave. Thanks for the input.
Firworks one night, lummies the next...

Now to see if we can make those dates...

You should be able to do both on the same night.... I would think South Pier would be the best spot to get a good shot of the Tower, Illuminations, Central Pier Wheel and Fireworks all in one go...:legit:

Jonathan

Hmmmmmmm that's annoying.

I have to be in Harrogate sometime between 12th and 14th of September.

It would be very cool to pop up for the illuminations on the 11th, fireworks that night, final on 12th and then Harrogate on 13th (it's all the north....).  If only I didn't have a mahoosive wedding at Hever Castle on the 12th :(

Anybody know who's competing in the fireworks comp?
It's Guest's round

Eileen

The Blackpool trip sounds fun and I should be able to make those dates. Hope to see a few old and new friends there.  :beer:

skellum

Here is a reminder about the Blackpool Fireworks weekend if anyone is still interested. Only a few weeks of now so it will need planing quite soon.... :legit:

picsfor

OK, final call for this weekend.
Give me the numbers if you can make it so i can set about booking rooms etc.

If not enough interest i'll raise the issue with an alternative date, or let it fall - which would be a shame, because it would be a great location for some great pictures, even without the firework display.

Sandy

Hi

Iam free that weekend, when were you thinking of traveling is it Friday to Sunday? There is a company on the web which hire's out mobility scooter for the day in Blackpool that might mean I would be able to cope, like I did at the first meeting in Kew until the battery went dead. I would need to check that I can get time off work.

Sandy

krennon

Alas can't make it  ;) funds for one thing, no holiday left and have the in-laws coming to stay that week and we're off to a couple of gigs that my FIL has already bought tickets for.....another time maybe but have fun and post the shots...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.