• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 120
  • Total: 120
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Want to help out on a dangerous shoot?

Started by Jonathan, June 21, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

We came.  We saw.  We took pictures.

Can't thank Irv enough for this.  He worked very hard all day and the best bit for me was when I was collapsed at the end trying to drag myself into the shower when I realised.....Irv had packed everything up :)

First snap on the site.  Many more to come.  http://peoplebyryan.com/photoblog/mermaid
It's Guest's round

skellum

picsfor

Impressive stuff Jonathan.
And D3 still intact?

Be interesting to see the other pictures from the shoot.
While your blog describes the difficulty of getting some one to keep their eyes and mouth open under water - i wonder how many actually appreciate how difficult that really is!

Jonathan

Yeah it's actually really tough.  Especially in a chemically filled pool.

Models were excellent.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Cracking photo JR so well done. Glad you haven't ditched the D3.  ;D

Quote from: Jonathan on July 21, 2010, 05:50:10 PM
Yeah it's actually really tough.  Especially in a chemically filled pool.

Used to go swimming on a Saturday from 09:00 until 17:00 and always had my eyes open underwater, but they were a bit red at the end of the day.  ::)

At Woodcock Street baths I could only manager half an hour because, they put too much Chlorine in the water.  :'(

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on July 21, 2010, 07:21:58 PM
Used to go swimming on a Saturday from 09:00 until 17:00 and always had my eyes open underwater, but they were a bit red at the end of the day.  ::)

Now try it in a dress ;)
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on July 21, 2010, 07:33:50 PM

Now try it in a dress ;)

My secret is out!!!!  :-[

Well done to Irv.  :tup: :tup:

irv_b

Quote from: Oldboy on July 21, 2010, 08:04:44 PM
Quote from: Jonathan on July 21, 2010, 07:33:50 PM

Now try it in a dress ;)

My secret is out!!!!  :-[

Well done to Irv.  :tup: :tup:

Thanks Oldboy  :) but it really was all Jonathan.
How well he put the models at ease and then sat ( countless times ) under the water for 2 to 3 mins a time was incredible. All day long, he was in control of every thing going on all around, while producing many many fantastic shots.
Many thanks to Jonathan for the invite and with his permission I will post some bts shots
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

Quote from: irv_b on July 22, 2010, 06:17:22 PM
Many thanks to Jonathan for the invite and with his permission I will post some bts shots
Were you under water as well then Irv?  ::)
Glad you had another great day.

irv_b

Quote from: picsfor on July 22, 2010, 06:29:31 PM
Were you under water as well then Irv?  ::)
Glad you had another great day.

No! totally dry land for me Andrew, except for the couple of times I had to help the models adjust their dresses while they were still in the pool, (Yes!! that bit was as awful as it sounds ;D ;D ;D) including having to cable tie one of the models into the dress at one time :o
My Gallery

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

irv_b

Quote from: Jonathan on July 24, 2010, 09:00:35 AM
with his permission I will post some bts shots

Sure go ahead ;)
showing Jess some of her results

underwater shooting Kate

The lighting set up

Katie getting her make up touched up

Jess entering the water for the first time in the wedding dress
My Gallery

Oldboy

Jonathan

You missed out my favourite....

I'm not sure if it's bafflement or disbelief but check out their expressions :)
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

:) Good to see behind the scenes, its not just a matter of jumping in and shooting a few images is it. Well done Irv, getting a few shots for us, much appreciated I think I like the last one best too.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.