• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Nikon D300

Started by Simple, March 01, 2008, 02:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

Just to let you know that there is a firmware update 1.02.
If you are struggling with your settings (Too many choices) here is a nice spreadsheet, courtesy of Donald McVey, excellent!

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=149&topic_id=113811&mesg_id=113811&page=

and Moose Patterson's settings for his D300 are here

http://www.moosepeterson.com/gear/D300Settings.html

alan1572

very helpful, cheer's
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

rksmith51

All of these settings are great but I find it a hustle selecting banks so have decided to take mostly RAW images with small JPGs, then I can make all the changes to the RAW shot. The banks are a bit confusing to me. Am I missing something, any advice or opinions greatfully received.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

hevans

Quote from: Simple on March 01, 2008, 02:10:07 PM
Just to let you know that there is a firmware update 1.02.

Just checked my D300 (bought in Dec.) and the firmware is 1.03. Although I have no idea what they've changed between v1.02 and v1.03.

alan1572

when i check my firmware i have a screen that says
A 1.01
B 1.00
IS THIS RIGHT?

hevans

Mine shows A 1.03 B 1.03.

So, looks like yours could be upgraded.

Actually from the Nikon site, it appears they're up to v1.10 for A and B. And the differences are listed.

H.

Oldboy

Quote from: alan1572 on January 31, 2009, 10:49:54 PM
when i check my firmware i have a screen that says
A 1.01
B 1.00
IS THIS RIGHT?
No, the firmware should be the same version. When the first firmware for the D3 was released, JR had a mate who updated the A but not the B and the camera wouldn't work at all.  :'(

alan1572

i have downloaded the new software but can't open it

Oldboy

Quote from: alan1572 on March 04, 2009, 11:08:50 AM
i have downloaded the new software but can't open it
It should be an EXE file. You click on this and select run and it should extract the two file to a folder called D300 with in the same folder as the .exe file. Click on this folder and you should see two files with A and B in the name. If you haven't got this then delete the .exe file and download again.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.