• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 13
  • Total: 13
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

That looks good enough to handle graphics. Would suggest Windows 11 as it fixes problems Win 10 has.  :tup:

anglefire

I've been toying with Windows 10 or 11. 11 does have some nice features. Just got to work out if I have to use my current Win10 license to get up and running and then upgrade to Win11 or just go Win11 off the bat - which probably means more money :(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Looks like it'll be a nice machine. I might crib the list because mine is 8 years old now and showing signs of slowing down, especially with all the music software I've got running.

Windows OS is usually paired to the motherboard, so I suspect going for an OEM Windows 11 install will be the way to go.

Meanwhile Cubase 12 has just been released, so that's my spending money for the next month already! Assuming it will run on W10. Must check before I lay out the cash.  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 07, 2022, 06:36:38 AM
I've been toying with Windows 10 or 11. 11 does have some nice features. Just got to work out if I have to use my current Win10 license to get up and running and then upgrade to Win11 or just go Win11 off the bat - which probably means more money :(

If you already have a Windows 10 licence then, you should be able to up grade using that licence without installing Windows 10 on that machine first. It's the licence you buy not the operating system.  :tup:

anglefire

Spent Thursday evening building the new computer. Oh I wish I had read the manual from the CPU cooler before I'd got the MoBo and everything fitted in the case- because you have to fit the cooler bracket before the board goes in.   :doh:

Win11 installed and all working well I think. 

Still installing some of the programs that I need - photoshop and lightroom seem to work well - though I've not used either in anger yet.

But its quick. And quiet. Lovely and quiet. :)

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Glad it's working OK. The biggest problem is installing all the programs and finding the disks they came with.  ???

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on March 14, 2022, 09:56:02 PM
Glad it's working OK. The biggest problem is installing all the programs and finding the disks they came with.  ???

Actually everything I use is downloadable - biggest issue is remembering where you saved the various passwords!

As a side note, it goes a lot deeper into power save mode and comes out of it a lot quicker - about 10seconds.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Actually yesterday - Did a charity Wing Walk for the Birmingham Children's Hospital.

Sponsorship still available...........
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

anglefire

On holiday on the Isle of Bute when I realised I'd left my camera strap at home. 
Amazon to the rescue and one ordered on Sunday and arrived today at about 10am.
😃
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Got a 400mm F 2.8 on loan from canon on their 48hour free test. Arrived on Wednesday (Was ordered for today!) and goes back on the 3rd January. :)

Hopefully will have time to use it over Christmas!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

No problem with the wait then; I hope that there won't be a problem with the weight!
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Oldboy

Quote from: StephenBatey on December 26, 2022, 11:41:49 AM
No problem with the wait then; I hope that there won't be a problem with the weight!

:2funny: :2funny:

anglefire

The weight is fine - no worse than the 300 f2.8 I already have.

Its a very nice lens too..... But what £12k new?
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Have been for a couple of walks over the Christmas break - but only when the sun shone - been a bit rough with a cough and sinus trouble which is about typical at the end of a busy year.

Couple of things that made me feel good - got an award from work for employee of the year (runner up) and more interesting, I got an award on another forum for a "Best of" picture for this shot, taken on one of the said walks. Chuffed with this one!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.