• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - STILL LIFE Weekly Challenge 24th April to 1st May 2016

Started by michaelb104, April 24, 2016, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

CHAT - STILL LIFE  Weekly Challenge 24th April to 1st May 2016

The ENTRY thread is here

This week's theme is Still Life – interpret the theme in your own style  .

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday  1st May 2016, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 2nd May 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 3rd May 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 8th May 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

I'm not sure there is still life at TalkTalk! Would that do?

Hinfrance

Had really busy day yesterday - car club in the morning, still life photo to do, Grappe de Cyrano (off road motorcycle rally) in the afternoon. Finally got around to editing my entry.

I've got my 'spare' shot done bar the edit, so I might post that later on - won't be today, another busy one :)

I borrowed the divine Mrs H's violin and some of my daughter's 18th century books for a few minutes:

Edited in various bits of software, but the main look is from On-1 Photosuite 9.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

So what happened here then? Only two punts at the subject.

I know Paul is away on his seemingly never ending world tour and Oldboy probably still hasn't got his broadband back, but what happened to the rest of you?  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 04, 2016, 12:23:04 PM

I know Paul is away on his seemingly never ending world tour and Oldboy probably still hasn't got his broadband back, but what happened to the rest of you?  :'(

Been many distractions keeping me in the garden and woodland etc., and no time to set up a Still Life with all the current clutter of paper work  :-[  Will try to get  a shot in for this weeks comp.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on May 04, 2016, 01:11:55 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on May 04, 2016, 12:23:04 PM

Been many distractions keeping me in the garden and woodland etc., and no time to set up a Still Life with all the current clutter of paper work  :-[  Will try to get  a shot in for this weeks comp.

Clutter of paperwork might have made a still life.

Very poor show indeed.

I am taking a break from the competition, and will only enter, if I have shot something that fits the brief.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Now which one shall i vote for  :doh: 50-50, well at least we get one vote each.

As Reinardina said think i will be stepping away from this competition as i have lots on and other sites that i am on. Not enough interest and i feel that it is a small few and only then for the competitions that keep this going.

What do others think??????????

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

For months, I have been trying (almost single handedly, or so it felt) to 'keep the site afloat,' with regular contributions, only to find that days later, I was still plastered all over the front page, because no one had reacted.

I would be very sorry if Mick would pull the plug, as many of my old mates, from my infancy in digital photography, are members, even though a lot of them seem have disappeared.

It was only when Mick said he was not closing the site down, that I relaxed, and don't feel obliged to add something regularly. A much better state of affairs for me.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Trouble is since i took early retirement i have less time for the camera, opposite to what i thought.

Building my camper is taking up 3 days a week, general faffing around another and Fridays i try and go somewhere with Jan. Along with holidays and my son coming from OZ for a holiday at the end of July (yes you guessed it more odd jobs around the house to do) there just seems to be no time left.

As said i do other photographic sites as well so as i only use the competition bits on here, i know that there is a lot more, i may step back a bit from this site as hours in a day = none left for this.

If the topic fits with something that i have taken then great, if it ever changes to allow archived pictures even better so i think that my time on here will be minimal for the foreseeable future although i will always keep a look out.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

michaelb104

I'm feeling really bad that I didn't enter in the comp that I set it.  As has been mentioned by others I really struggle for time as I work away from home all week so have to fit everything into the weekend, which can be quite difficult sometimes.  This weekend it wasn't work that stopped me it was going out walking on Sunday and expecting to get home around 19:00 so plenty of time to do something but getting back at 22:00 left me no time or light.

I promise to try harder this weekend and get an entry done - promise  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.