• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Uncle Bob at wedding

Started by ShawWellPete, May 20, 2012, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawWellPete

Not sure if this is the right place to post these

I was at a lovely wedding yesterday of some good friends, they had a professional photographer there who was a very good guy and certainly seemed to know what he was talking about.

I kept out of his way, but he left when the wedding breakfast started so I took a few photos.

It was a lot of fun, there are loads of photos here http://www.theblandfords.com/NeilandHarriet'sWedding/index.html but these are my favourites...

a quickr pickr post

Mick

Pete, excellent pics, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a fantastic day was had by all.   :beer:

Was this guy on helium or something, sure got some height to that jump, lol..  :D

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ShawWellPete

Quote from: admin on May 20, 2012, 12:33:16 PM
Pete, excellent pics, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a fantastic day was had by all.   :beer:

Was this guy on helium or something, sure got some height to that jump, lol..  :D

;D

Thanks Mick, the guys is a West End actor and dancer, so getting some height was easy for him!

Reinardina

I bet these will be the favourite photographs!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

What a great set. Full of joy.
                 Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beaux Reflets

Nice shots and welcome to CC
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

mondmagu

Great set of shots.Number 12 is fab,certainly catches the occasion.The place was obviously hoppin'!!!!  ;D :beer:
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

irv_b

A great set of pictures Pete. The official photographer left to early judging by the shots you got - well done! Oh and welcome to CC btw :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

Great shots Peter. Hardly your average Uncle Bob with your skill set and a D800 to boot!  :)

I must admit a couple of flickr groups I look in on where the pros go on and on about Uncle Bob`s annoy me a little. I think people forget we all like to have a little shot or two when we can at weddings and know I always take a body and one or two lenses for a little play. As you say as long as you keep out of the paid pro`s way and don`t interfere with his posing / light set up with random flashing / calling I don`t see the harm Having started doing a few weddings myself I tend to set up, invite shooters in then move them around and shoot again or just ask people to remember I`m being paid and look at me and not had a problem yet. I`m sure I`ll change my tune the first time I meet an arrogant so and so.

Cathus

nice set, I take it you enhanced the depth of field out of focus effects in a few of the earlier ones, was that Photoshop filter or just selective blurring, it's a nice effect.

Oldboy

A D800 - How did you get that?  :'(

Cracking series of shots and the jumping was a wonderful idea.  :tup:

ShawWellPete

Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2012, 12:57:53 PM
I bet these will be the favourite photographs!

Not sure about that but thank you!

Quote from: Graham on May 20, 2012, 02:02:27 PM
What a great set. Full of joy.
                 Graham. :tup:

Thanks Graham, it was a lot of fun

Quote from: beauxreflets on May 20, 2012, 02:07:04 PM
Nice shots and welcome to CC

Thank you!

Quote from: mondmagu on May 20, 2012, 02:13:00 PM
Great set of shots.Number 12 is fab,certainly catches the occasion.The place was obviously hoppin'!!!!  ;D :beer:

You're not wrong, I'll be honest for a long day like that I'm grateful to have the camera to slow down my drinking!  :beer:

Quote from: irv_b on May 20, 2012, 02:54:00 PM
A great set of pictures Pete. The official photographer left to early judging by the shots you got - well done! Oh and welcome to CC btw :tup:

Thank you, the fact that he left made me a lot more comfortable getting off my seat during the speeches to make sure they had a record of it.

Quote from: Cathus on May 20, 2012, 04:43:38 PM
nice set, I take it you enhanced the depth of field out of focus effects in a few of the earlier ones, was that Photoshop filter or just selective blurring, it's a nice effect.

No filters or photoshop, they were taken with either the 135m F2 or the 85mm 1.4 on a full frame. Not much depth of field!

Quote from: jinky on May 20, 2012, 04:14:20 PM
Great shots Peter. Hardly your average Uncle Bob with your skill set and a D800 to boot!  :)

I must admit a couple of flickr groups I look in on where the pros go on and on about Uncle Bob`s annoy me a little. I think people forget we all like to have a little shot or two when we can at weddings and know I always take a body and one or two lenses for a little play. As you say as long as you keep out of the paid pro`s way and don`t interfere with his posing / light set up with random flashing / calling I don`t see the harm Having started doing a few weddings myself I tend to set up, invite shooters in then move them around and shoot again or just ask people to remember I`m being paid and look at me and not had a problem yet. I`m sure I`ll change my tune the first time I meet an arrogant so and so.

I made sure I kept out of the photographer's way and, as one of the ushers, I was on hand to get people as required for the official photos. In the church particularly, he was behind me and I made sure he wasn't taking a shot when I poked into the aisle to take mine!

I actually had very little interest in getting the shots that I knew he had in the bag, which is why my lot are a bit more quirky!
Quote from: Oldboy on May 20, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
A D800 - How did you get that?  :'(

Cracking series of shots and the jumping was a wonderful idea.  :tup:

Thank you! the D800 is a long story but I was lucky enough to be in New York the weekend it was released and pre ordered it the day it was announced.

It's a great camera capable of some great detail, here is an example of a photo I took in New York from the empire state in full size.

I am enjoying the D800, I like having the video and it's fun having the huge resolution, but there is a pay off. At 100% the D700 (my last camera) raw files are fantastic, you can push the exposure, shadow detail, sharpening, saturation and at 100% the images remain clean. On the D800 I have noticed most adjustments do introduce some noise at 100%, something that I had noticed on my micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1.

I could of course, down sample the images to 12Meg and they would be clean as a whistle, but that not the point of having 36Meg monster.

Don't get me wrong, I would not go back to the D700, the auto ISO for different focal length lenses I would miss too much for one thing, but there is definitely a price to pay for that pixel density.

Hinfrance

What an excellent set - great memories as well as super photography.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: ShawWellPete on May 20, 2012, 05:59:23 PM

Thank you! the D800 is a long story but I was lucky enough to be in New York the weekend it was released and pre ordered it the day it was announced.

It's a great camera capable of some great detail, here is an example of a photo I took in New York from the empire state in full size.

I am enjoying the D800, I like having the video and it's fun having the huge resolution, but there is a pay off. At 100% the D700 (my last camera) raw files are fantastic, you can push the exposure, shadow detail, sharpening, saturation and at 100% the images remain clean. On the D800 I have noticed most adjustments do introduce some noise at 100%, something that I had noticed on my micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1.

I could of course, down sample the images to 12Meg and they would be clean as a whistle, but that not the point of having 36Meg monster.

Don't get me wrong, I would not go back to the D700, the auto ISO for different focal length lenses I would miss too much for one thing, but there is definitely a price to pay for that pixel density.

Checking out DxO labs, who have rated the D800 as the most optically perfect camera ever made, which just beat the Nikon D4 and a medium format camera.   :o

Jonathan

Jolly nice :)

How come you don't get to shoot in rooms with crappy ceilings and down lighters...?

Quote from: Oldboy on May 20, 2012, 08:01:53 PM
Checking out DxO labs, who have rated the D800 as the most optically perfect camera ever made, which just beat the Nikon D4 and a medium format camera.   :o

Sigh....

Don't get me started on what's wrong with their testing (or rather the way people are interpreting it).
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.