• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Website

Started by Karen, September 06, 2012, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Well thought I;d have a bash at doing a website. I chose wix.com as they offer quite a good range of templates for photography although you do have to check them out as some will not display portrait mode correctly. Its all free which is good although you can pay if you want to get rid of their adverts (which really dont seem that intrusive anyway) and to have your own domain name. The one you are given is a little long winded. The template was easily edited and you seem to be able to upload a good number of photos. It is a bit restrictive but not to the point of distraction if you know what I mean. I nearly threw the computer out the window a few times doing it but that was just my inexperience ith the template. To add more to it once its live is easy so all in all I'm quite pleased with it. Check it out see what you think
www.kjaddison.wix.com/karenaddisonphotography

Karen

83 views and not one comment, surely its not that bad  :-[

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on September 19, 2012, 05:25:28 PM
83 views and not one comment, surely its not that bad  :-[

It's not bad just awful, horrible, atrocious, horrendous, nasty..... :P

It's laidout well and shows the pictures clearly but so do thousands of other websites. To attract people and hence comments you need something to give it a buzz like pictures of a naked Prince William!  :-[

Karen

Don't be so mean  :'(  Well that may attract some but would do nothing for me :tup:

Seriously its only a place where I can send people to look at my photos. You can make it zing if you want to pay for this that and the other but I dont really, had all that with my wedding site

Beryl

It's very nice Karen. Well done   :tup:

There is also one called

http://www.smugmug.com/

That is a really nice
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

donoreo

I find it very slow and cumbersome.  The whole thing is flash :( 

Beryl

Oh is i?  I have only ever  looked at some one elses photos so I don't know  really but t just looked good
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Karen

Quote from: donoreo on September 20, 2012, 04:19:08 PM
I find it very slow and cumbersome.  The whole thing is flash :(

It is a bit slow I agree but its free so like I said you dont have much input to the actual template workings and I think it shows the images well (when they appear) Thanks for the balanced comment  ::)

Thanks Beryl for your input. As I said as a place for people to just view your images its seems fine. I'm not trying to do anything more if I was I would pay for more scope or get the guy who designed my wedding website to me one.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.