• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat weekly comp SOFT & DELICATE 28th May - 3rd June 2012

Started by Beaux Reflets, May 26, 2012, 09:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Yeah you guessed right  H  on the entry thread ,it was deliberate. By saying "but" I was meaning I had gone for the  light drowning approach as opposed to Michael`s more natural light study and "oops" was meant to be an apology for another flower head. It was an intentional high key effort but needed help in post processing to achieve fully as I was rushing with one flash and an orbis.

Note to self - I must take more time when I post and leave no room for misinterpretation. :)

Sorry I confused you in the entries thread H - I realised I was chatting in the entry thread and deleted as you were replying - as you thought!  :)

DigiDiva

I wanter to enter this as I had a couple of lovely images of the wedding bouquets etc from my sons wedding on Saturday. My hubby alas, wasn't keen on them and didn't think they fit the brief so no entry from me...Why oh why did I listen to him...GRRRrrrrrr!!!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

At the end of the day you shoot for yourself. I often ask for opinions from my wife / family on images but always go on my own taste and gut instinct otherwise it`s not my hobby. Follow your instinct - it is just a fun comp anyway so nothing lost to just  put an entry in  and let others judge against the brief.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

WillyP

I guess the OOPS threw me ;) But I should have known because you entered it anyway...  :tup:

Reinardina

Andy, should the poll not finish today (Saturday) rather than Sunday? Or am I going mad?
(I am going mad anyway, as I'm struggling with some software!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on June 09, 2012, 11:16:41 AM
Andy, should the poll not finish today (Saturday) rather than Sunday? Or am I going mad?

No worries Reinardina; it's my inability to count  :2funny: I added 5 days and not 4  :doh:

And the winner is           JINKY aka Paul

Congratulations Paul.

Many thanks to those who voted for my shot   :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on June 09, 2012, 03:33:16 PM

No worries Reinardina; it's my inability to count  :2funny: I added 5 days and not 4  :doh:

Congratulations Paul.

Congratulations Jinky/Paul.
(And also to Andy, who has the same number of votes.)

You had a near miss Andy, nearly had to think of another subject again!

jinky

Thanks both - and well done on joint win Andy  ;) - I`l get thinking of a theme for posting first

Hinfrance

Well done Paul.

I think that I will have to do a review pointing out how incredibly unbalanced the histogram is on your winning entry  :uglystupid2: .

Like I ever look at histograms  :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

You know I have tried to do high key shots with more shadows and even histogram in them but they just don`t work  ;)

Then again just had another look at that shot in NX2 and with a little more highlights saving I`ve improved it and got a little more shadow in it. Rush job to be honest before we went out - one flash suped up with a orbis ring flash attachment and then use of the very clever control points in NX2 to blow a few shadows out that I needed extra lights for.

I miss the old reviews we used to do - best bit of the competitions on DC mag I always thought. I`m a facebook contact of old fizzio and see his wdding shoots and often want to put a comment on saying - "a bit more contrast needed for me"  ;)

Beaux Reflets

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on June 09, 2012, 05:02:02 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on June 09, 2012, 03:33:16 PM

Congratulations Paul.

Congratulations Jinky/Paul.
(And also to Andy, who has the same number of votes.)

You had a near miss Andy, nearly had to think of another subject again!

I'm sure I could have come up with another idea, with 3 in a row in the joint win, it is rather nice not to have to do the threads  :)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on June 10, 2012, 08:37:15 AM
You know I have tried to do high key shots with more shadows and even histogram in them but they just don`t work  ;)

Then again just had another look at that shot in NX2 and with a little more highlights saving I`ve improved it and got a little more shadow in it. Rush job to be honest before we went out - one flash suped up with a orbis ring flash attachment and then use of the very clever control points in NX2 to blow a few shadows out that I needed extra lights for.

I miss the old reviews we used to do - best bit of the competitions on DC mag I always thought. I`m a facebook contact of old fizzio and see his wdding shoots and often want to put a comment on saying - "a bit more contrast needed for me"  ;)

You mean the 'above and below' critiques?
I have no problems with this, as I still have a lot to learn (Now does this sound familiar, or not?), but I am no good at giving valid, technical critiques. Only when something is very, very wrong, like an unintended Dutch angle (my speciality, especially where water is involved), can I give a good critique.
I have to stick to saying why I like something, or not.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.