• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Your ROOM 101

Started by krennon, June 10, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

People in the gym who wipe their sweaty bods with their towel then wipe the machine with it

JaneM

Quote from: Karen on May 09, 2014, 09:47:59 AM
People in the gym who wipe their sweaty bods with their towel then wipe the machine with it
ewwwwwwwww lol

Too many people I come across who have forgotten three simple words...please and thank you!

Andrew

Quote from: Karen on May 09, 2014, 09:47:59 AM

oh god yes - forgot about that nasty habit from my gym days.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Men who bring their young daughters into the gents whilst you are using the urinal!  :-[

People who don't wash their hands after using the toilet.  >:(

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 09, 2014, 10:12:01 PM
Men who bring their young daughters into the gents whilst you are using the urinal!  :-[

Re they running away from the little girls? :dance:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Andrew

Quote from: Oldboy on May 09, 2014, 10:12:01 PM

Isn't it interesting how some things go from a "nice to do" to a "rude not to".

I refer to people washing their hands after using the toilet. In my youthful days, using the toilet was probably the cleanest thing we done on a loco - and certainly when attaching a loco to coaching stock when we ran the risk of some R Sole flushing the toilet onto us.

Diesel, Grease, Oil, Grime, Weather Encrusted Dirt, spilled tea or coffee from the previous week - yep, all the normal spoils of a loco cab back in the day. With mess facilities frequently comprising nothing more than a 10x12 garden shed with an outside loo, a cold water supply and 2 hot rings for which one was permently occupied by a kettle - washing your hands was often a last gasp attempt - sometimes nothing more than rinsing you hands in a fresh water stream.

But now, my employer has clean toilets, hot water AND soap  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Hinfrance

Cost centred accounting. It'll end civilisation if it's not stopped. I may have mentioned it before, and I'll probably do so again.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 15, 2014, 06:42:39 PM
Cost centred accounting. It'll end civilisation if it's not stopped. I may have mentioned it before, and I'll probably do so again.

Any chanc eof an explaination about what cost centered accounting actually is?  ???

jinky

Cannot believe I`ve missed this one - don`t get me started. Like others:
Rude people who don`t know how to say please or thank you

Middle lane hoggers and people who don`t seem to have indicators

The fact that any programme analysing driving standards / deterioration seem to go first to taxi drivers as professionals for comments - another on BBC tonight. I find taxi drivers the worst offenders in coming out without looking / signalling, cutting me up and generally driving badly - professional - don`t make me laugh!

People who slag off the public sector and all of its staff just because it is the public sector. There are good and bad, just as there are in all walks of life - private or public

So many more...

Hinfrance

Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

Any chanc eof an explaination about what cost centered accounting actually is?  ???

It's the way accountants bring to life Oscar Wilde's epigram "A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing". Simply put it's a way of throwing the baby out with the bath water through deliberately looking at everything as discreet and isolated from everything else: the opposite to an holistic approach.

For an extreme example, a manager responsible for the budget for maintenance of a company's vehicles may have a budget that says no more than £200 can be spent on any brake repairs. This restriction comes from his Finance Director who has decided to cut the amount the company spends on maintenance after a cost overrun last year. A £50,000 truck needs £250 of brake work done on it. When it's off the road it costs the company £2000 a day. The brake repairs are not authorised, the truck is sold for £20,000 as irreparable and a new one bought for £80,000 to replace it. While they wait for a new truck to be delivered they hire one for £500 per day.

Total cost to the company of more than £120,000, instead of £50. At the year end the brake manager gets his bonus because he has hit his targets and not spent more than £200 on brake repairs. The fleet manager has a shiny new truck, but next year he is not allowed to buy any more new trucks after a massive overspend in the previous year. The FD also notices that hire charges have increased so he reduces the budget for that and takes a bit more from the maintenance budget as that centre hit its targets. And so it rolls on and on with cost centre targets being constantly shifted to try to fix problems created by cost centre targets.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

So, in a nitshell - the blind leading the blind!  :uglystupid2:

deetus

Quote from: jinky on May 15, 2014, 09:49:35 PM

The fact that any programme analysing driving standards / deterioration seem to go first to taxi drivers as professionals for comments - another on BBC tonight. I find taxi drivers the worst offenders in coming out without looking / signalling, cutting me up and generally driving badly - professional - don`t make me laugh!

People who slag off the public sector and all of its staff just because it is the public sector. There are good and bad, just as there are in all walks of life - private or public

Those who slag off taxi drivers in general. As you say Jinky there are good and bad in all walks of life.
Btw I'm a taxi driver. ::)

JaneM

People who complain that the weather is too hot when they have complained all winter that it's too cold and they cannot wait until summer!  :doh:

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 16, 2014, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

It's the way accountants bring to life Oscar Wilde's epigram "A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing". Simply put it's a way of throwing the baby out with the bath water through deliberately looking at everything as discreet and isolated from everything else: the opposite to an holistic approach.

For an extreme example, a manager responsible for the budget for maintenance of a company's vehicles may have a budget that says no more than £200 can be spent on any brake repairs. This restriction comes from his Finance Director who has decided to cut the amount the company spends on maintenance after a cost overrun last year. A £50,000 truck needs £250 of brake work done on it. When it's off the road it costs the company £2000 a day. The brake repairs are not authorised, the truck is sold for £20,000 as irreparable and a new one bought for £80,000 to replace it. While they wait for a new truck to be delivered they hire one for £500 per day.

Total cost to the company of more than £120,000, instead of £50. At the year end the brake manager gets his bonus because he has hit his targets and not spent more than £200 on brake repairs. The fleet manager has a shiny new truck, but next year he is not allowed to buy any more new trucks after a massive overspend in the previous year. The FD also notices that hire charges have increased so he reduces the budget for that and takes a bit more from the maintenance budget as that centre hit its targets. And so it rolls on and on with cost centre targets being constantly shifted to try to fix problems created by cost centre targets.

Where I used to work each department was given a budget to spend, but if you didn't spend it all it was cut by that amount next year. So, as it got towards the end of the year a lot of rubbish was brought just to use up the budget.  :uglystupid2:

jinky

Quote from: deetus on May 17, 2014, 02:51:21 PM
Quote from: jinky on May 15, 2014, 09:49:35 PM

Those who slag off taxi drivers in general. As you say Jinky there are good and bad in all walks of life.
Btw I'm a taxi driver. ::)

Guilty as charged Deetus - I actually had a taxi driver let me out   yesterday so just goes to show  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.