• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 45
  • Mick
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - TIME - Weekly Comp 29/7 to 4/8 2013

Started by Hinfrance, July 27, 2013, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT thread - TIME

Entries HERE please

This week's theme is TIME.

Make your choice, timepiece, time of day, time to do something: anything you like that can reasonably seen as being related to TIME.

Absolutely no restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 29th July 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 4th August 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 5th Augist 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 6th Augist 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 10th August 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Spent a lot of time with my laptop, trying to get everything as it was, before it had to go, to be repaired.
Came back with a new operating system, so I had to reload everything.
Wasted a lot of time trying to get 54 (yes, fifty four!) updates in, but Windows wasn't having it. Now reduced to doing them a few at a time.

So lots of 'time,' but how to photograph it all?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spikeyjen

Firstly I'm assuming that all the times you post are UK times?
So I've got a week to work out how to post in the gallery...

The last of the DCW weekend comps was OLD and NEW. I spent hours putting mine together only to find that the site was down and the comp never happened. Shame that I can't use it for this one as it would also be appropriate.

Off to put the thinking cap on.... 8)

Hinfrance

Mornin' spikeyjen. You are correct, all the times are UK standard.

I'm sorry about the work you put in to the DCM challenge being wasted. I simply never went there any more, so I have no idea what the contests might have been about ;) Maybe whoever wins this week's vote for HUGE could run old and new as the topic for the following week?

Right, I'm off to the seaside for a little bit of a short while. See you lot later. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Even if the new topic would be 'Old and New,' you'd have to reshoot it, as it wasn't taken in the time window for the competition.
You can always upload it here, as a 'memorial' to good old DCM, that turned into bad new PR and DGW.

spikeyjen

Yes I know I can't reuse the image.... it's just that I went to the op shop to find some inspiration, found a pair or bloomers (yes real bloomers, original and clean in packet) then found some spunky white/ black spot bikini briefs, spend several hours (well perhaps an hour but it makes a good story), setting up the black back drop, finding red pegs, getting the light right... etc etc. Would make a nice 'time' image too, but the exif data would make me a cheat, and I'm not one of those.

so for Time - I have some new ideas that I will share when, and if, I get an image I like...
I hope you all have a sense of humour too!

Reinardina

Quote from: spikeyjen on July 31, 2013, 09:15:46 AM
Yes I know I can't reuse the image.... it's just that I went to the op shop to find some inspiration, found a pair or bloomers (yes real bloomers, original and clean in packet) then found some spunky white/ black spot bikini briefs, spend several hours (well perhaps an hour but it makes a good story), setting up the black back drop, finding red pegs, getting the light right... etc etc. Would make a nice 'time' image too, but the exif data would make me a cheat, and I'm not one of those.

so for Time - I have some new ideas that I will share when, and if, I get an image I like...
I hope you all have a sense of humour too!

Sounds good. Pity it was all wasted. As far as the competition goes anyway. But you will be left with a good image, so not everything is lost!

And I'm sure most of us on CC have a sense of humour, otherwise I wouldn't have entered my 'huge bottom' entry in this week's comp.

spikeyjen

I really liked that image Reinardina, a sad indictment on the state of the health of our communities, but a story that needs to be told.

well I've just uploaded my first comp image, I followed all the instructions given by Mick and it worked (I think it's in the right spot).
I guess if I can work it out, then anyone can.

Reinardina

Quote from: spikeyjen on August 01, 2013, 12:23:14 PM
I really liked that image Reinardina, a sad indictment on the state of the health of our communities, but a story that needs to be told.

well I've just uploaded my first comp image, I followed all the instructions given by Mick and it worked (I think it's in the right spot).
I guess if I can work it out, then anyone can.

Right time, right place. Good luck!

Reinardina

It's about time I put my entry in.

Is that the time?

jinky

Not too late?  ;)
As my precious old NUFC watch was the worse for wear he made the ultimate sacrifice to be broken up for the weekly comp.

Timepieces

DigiDiva

Im about to head out for my shoot. Weather changeable this morning though so hope the rain stays away for a while..just whiling away 10 mins on here whilst I top up the charge on my camera battery and my mobile. Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

I have an idea that I hope comes off. Wish me luck.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on August 04, 2013, 08:13:57 AM
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on August 04, 2013, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: DigiDiva on August 04, 2013, 08:13:57 AM
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Even if you aren't, I hope you don't drive in the morning!

Beaux Reflets

Up at the crack of dawn once again and ventured out just before Breakfast, getting the shot at 7.27am (6.27am UK) as the sun rose over the horizon.

Break Fast Time

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.