• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - TIME - Weekly Comp 29/7 to 4/8 2013

Started by Hinfrance, July 27, 2013, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Managed to find some time for Time.

Took a few shots of my watch (funny how you never notice just how scratched the glass is until you look at a macro shot). It's not an expensive watch, but it is my absolute favourite timepiece. I love the transparent rear case and the fact that it keeps near perfect time (gains about 30 seconds every 3 weeks) and will never need a battery.

Back:

Front:

For my entry I stuck to my first idea. I managed to find a bit of guitar music in 4/4, which was nice :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Quote from: Oldboy on August 04, 2013, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: DigiDiva on August 04, 2013, 08:13:57 AM
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Yes......haha
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Quote from: Reinardina on August 04, 2013, 09:31:38 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 04, 2013, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: DigiDiva on August 04, 2013, 08:13:57 AM
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Even if you aren't, I hope you don't drive in the morning!

There was 11 hours between my last glass of wine and me getting into the car......

DigiDiva

OK, here's my entry. I have called it The Sunderland Times........

Jediboy

Just taken a photo for this and just realised I'm a day too late. Doh!!  :-[
I see that the comps run Monday to Sunday. I'll try to get my self organised for next week.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

This was my intended entry. Just posting it here to see if it works, its the first photo I've posted to a thread here.

[/url][/img]

Chris

Jediboy

OK, thought it was too easy.................. :(

[/url]][/img]

Chris

Jediboy

I copied and pasted the BBcode full size to enter upload the photo. Is that the best way??
Thanks.
Chris

Chris

spikeyjen

that's really nice Chris, shame you were too late.

Jediboy

Quote from: spikeyjen on August 05, 2013, 09:58:27 PM

Story of my life! ;)
Thanks though.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on August 05, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

Story of my life! ;)
Thanks though.

No, he's not too late. Entries are allowed until Monday midnight.  :tup:

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on August 05, 2013, 11:42:04 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on August 05, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

Story of my life! ;)
Thanks though.

No, he's not too late. Entries are allowed until Monday midnight.  :tup:

Yes, but the photo must be taken by 23:59 on Sunday. I took my photo on Monday.

Chris

DigiDiva

Chris, shame you missed out. Start looking NOW for umbrellas!

oggalily

For anyone who's interested, I thought I would give some details about how I came up with my shot. 

I recently saw a tutorial on the Lastolite podcast (which is worth checking out if you're interested in off-camera flash) where ambient light coming through windows was balanced against tungsten light indoors, making the outdoor light go blue.  I wanted to try for this effect so I set the white balance on my camera to Tungsten and used an off camera flash on the left with a CTO (I think it stands for "Colour Temperature Orange") gel over it.  I used CLS (Creative Lighting System) to trigger the flash - this is Nikon's proprietary triggering system which lets you use the pop-up flash on your camera to trigger other Nikon flashes. 

Shooting into glass is a pain - the "trigger" light on the camera created a small reflection which I had to shield, and the light from the flash was too sharp so I used a sheet of A4 to diffuse it.  I was a bit sloppy and rather than search for a clean sheet I grabbed one that my daughter had scribbled on, hence the orange scrawls in the dome of the glass on the left.

In any event I successfully achieved was I was after, which was to have a warmer main subject with a cooler background.     

spikeyjen

thanks for sharing this Ogga, the effect is beautiful and the bokeh in the background is really effective. Shame about the scribbled paper but I actually didn't notice it until you said so, I thought it was just a reflection.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.