• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
  • Google (2)
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Center Parcs

Started by Jediboy, April 15, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Just got back from a family holiday at Center Parcs Het Heijdebos in Netherlands. Had a great time a managed to squeeze in a bit of photography.
On my return I posted one of my photos to Twitter and Center Parcs gave got in touch to ask if they can use the photo. Was an ok photo but nothing special. I'm quite pleased though. They want to use it for Facebook advertising.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Congratulations, but will you get paid? Or will they at least attribute the image to you?

I would be thrilled to bits, but with so many people posting photographs on line/entering competitions, a lot of businesses (try to) get free shots for their advertisements, which I think is not right. They are 'doing the professional photographer out of a job.' (Is this grammatical English?)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

I get a few of my shots published in the company magazine and trade mags occasionally - but as I'm paid when I take them, I don't get anything extra - though I've always kept the copyright, which they could in theory claim too.

But for a 3rd party, at the very least it should be attributed - but as Reinardina says, they are after publicity on the cheap and I would be inclined to say no - I do motorsport photography (Or did - its coming harder and harder to get anywhere these days due to the rule changes) and have often been asked for pictures from competitors - and excepting that they are personal friends, always say no unless they can't get shots from the paid togs that are there.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Thanks for the comments.
I said yes, asked for the credit but nothing else. Considered asking for a benefit of some kind but didn't in the end. Happy for it to be used. I'm pleased that they asked and didn't just use it, so maybe that was one reason for letting them use it.

Here is the photo, like I say its nothing special but I'm pleased.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on April 16, 2017, 07:31:26 PM
Thanks for the comments.
I said yes, asked for the credit but nothing else. Considered asking for a benefit of some kind but didn't in the end. Happy for it to be used. I'm pleased that they asked and didn't just use it, so maybe that was one reason for letting them use it.

Here is the photo, like I say its nothing special but I'm pleased.

Nothing special ?  Bright simplicity and dream like air to fire imaginations - The ART of photography - They know what it is worth to them. Ask for a family season ticket.  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

anglefire

I'm with Andy - a Perfect shot for their use - and something you should have got more than a "thankyou" and credit for. Perfect composition. Rule of thirds and all that - strong colours - almost monotone. Whats not to like?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

I can see why they want it; it's a great shot, and there are only daytime shots on the website, as far as I could see.

That 'proves' to me, they did not engage a professional photographer to 'sell' the site, as any photographer worth his salt, would have investigated the possibilities, explored the site, and would certainly have come up with some atmospheric evening shots.

Now they rely on a guest with an interest in photography, and a  'good eye.'

They should have offered you at least a 'money off' voucher, in my opinion.

If it had been my shot, I too would be pleased to be asked.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Appreciate the kind words. Maybe I should ask for something off my next holiday there??

Chris

DigiDiva

This is indeed a lovely image. So happy for you. Congratulations
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on April 17, 2017, 10:32:30 AM
Appreciate the kind words. Maybe I should ask for something off my next holiday there??

If they`ve not used it yet there`s nothing to stop you going back and saying you`ve changed your mind but are happy to allow use  for a trade if interested i that. When I started shooting for money I did 3 hotel /event shoots in exchange for stays and meals that in real terms cost way more than I`d have been paid for them and it was win,win. never be out off by " We don`t have a budget". I did a charity shoot for a friend as a favour for a couple of pints and a pie and pea supper for 2 for a charity Pie Competition. Great fun with celebrity chef and Anita Rani and the One Show turned up. Later sponsors Timothy Taylors Brewery got in touch, or rather their media people, saying can we have full sized versions for our in house magazine "We have no budget". I asked if they worked on TT media work for free and they said no so asked why should I. Just because I gave smaller res shots for free to a friend for charity events didn`t mean I wanted to subsidise TT and their agents. I quoted NUJ rates for a page in such as their magazine and they agreed to pay a little less + a credit within 24 hours.
Ask for a free stay / reduction or whatever you are comfortable with. They have the scope.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.