• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,407
  • Total Topics: 5,700
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
  • Baidu
7ds
JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...Photography and Seasons.Favourite Photography Tec...Photography Challenges.What's your favourite pho...

hmmm shall I?

Started by Karen, September 11, 2012, 11:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Ok has anyone got the Canon 24-105mm and if so can you recommend it. I have at the minute my Sigma 24-70mm but sometimes I feel I'd like that wee bit more length. I do love my Bigma as its a great walk around lens but sometimes its just not practical ( Saturday I nearly gave Murphy my dog brain damage 3 times turning around and clonking him on the head with it) :knuppel2:. I don't need any wider as I have wide angle lenses but would like to start from the 24 ish end so if anyone has any other recommendations let me know cheers  :)

anglefire

Well, an interesting question this one, as mine and my brother inlaws are being packed up to go back to canon to be repaired.

Basically there is a fault internally and the ribbon cable can fail.

But other than that, it is a fine lens - not as good as the 24-70f2.8 - but doesn't have the cost associated with it either.

It is probably my most used lens in reality.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Oh and lots of pictures on my website, with an example below.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Colin

IMHO it is a great lens and I use it all the time. Might not have 2.8 but I have yet to find that a limitation with the type of photography that I do.

Carlj

Professional photography mag has a review of the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 - and the reviewer compared it to the L F4 - the Tamron came out very well against it. If the extra length isn't a deal breaker, have a look!

Karen

Thanks guys. Ive researched til Im blue in the face now and I think this is the lens I want. Ive just treated myself to a Canon 10-22mm so I think given the crop it would just fit in nicely with my gear. Let you know when I get one.

Karen

Now using this on my Canon 5DMK3 and its definately been worth the money, one of the nicest and most versatile lenses Ive tried

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.