• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 176
  • Total: 176
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Bridge probs

Started by Graham, May 29, 2010, 04:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Ok then.
                 I'm having a few problems with bridge and I'm hopeing there may be some advice out there.
                 Just to give a bit of background I recently got a warning message that my c/drive (Home of my pictures) was full. I had a bit of a tidy up deleting stuff not used, but only stuff that I put there in the first place. then transferd My Pictures to an external hard drive (x2 for back up).
                 This freed up 2/3 of my C/drive and I assumed all would be well. ;D
                 The first thing I noticed was that both disc drives (cd and dvd rw) had stopped working. A call to Dell and a lot of instructions from their man in Bangalor soon had them up and running again.
                 We've allso been having issues with Virgin (loss of internet conection and so on.) but thats all sorted now with upgraded  modems, routers and other stuff I don't care about.
                 So can all of this have affected "Bridge"?
                 When I right click on a neff (Raw) file and look at the "Open with" options I'm only offerd Internet "Explorer 8.00 (default)"! I'm still on IE7 by the way. I can "Open in camera raw" so no real problems there. If I right click a tiff file and look at the "Open with" options, I'm offerd...Internet Explorer 8.00 , Microsoft RAW image viewer 1.1 (default) and Paint 5.1 but no CS3! The only way to open a tiff is to open in camera raw and from there to CS3.
                 I've been to File/ Preferences to have a look in there but I then get a message saying "Bridge has encounterd a problem and needs to close" etc. and then shuts down.
                 So I have a two part question. (At last!)

1. a) Does this all mean I need to do a re-install of Bridge and CS3?
                         b) If I do will I lose all my Keyword listings? I have 126 bands alone!

Sorry it took so long. Any advice gratefuly recieved.

Graham. ???                                                                
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

if you're constantly getting the error message when opening Bridge you can do 1 of 2 things.

Go to install/uninstall programs and select either repair or uninstall.

Repair can some times be quite effective so give it a go.

Regards your keywords - not so sure. Have you checked the help file (online or in program) to see what it says about keywords and backing them up?

Just Dave

I also had this problem with CS3, unfortunately I cant remember the solution at the moment, think it could have been something to do with CS3 preference file and a combination of camera raw update, Ill have a think see if I can remember I may have wrote the solution down and saved it for reference, I would try Andrews idea, see if that fixes it, and or try deleting the CS3 and bridge preference files that may help
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

anglefire

I had this problem years ago too, when I was still using CS3.

I think moving your files outside of bridge is part of the problem.

Try clearing the cache.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Just Dave

Hi been having a think about this, still havnt found my notes, I have lots of discs backups, i remember people saying clear the cache, maybe that worked dont know, from what I remember now its a corrupt amtlib.dll file I seem to remember coping it and then when it went Ts up just over wrote it in CS3 photoshop and Bridge to cure the prob I may have a copy of the amtlib.dll somewhere, so as said a repair will most likly fix it or complete reinstall, think youll need to run adobe clean install for that as well first, then copy the amtlib.dll file for future

CS3 Clean install Clicky Linky

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

Thanks for the suggestions folks.
           I cleared the cache to no avail. I then tried Andrews idea of repairing via the install/un-install page.
           I clicked on  change remove, this brings up the Installshield wizard, click on repair/next/install. This starts to run but then gives a message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and makes a couple of suggestions which I don't have the confidence or knowledge to attempt.
           Another thing that is happening is that Bridge is failing to remember my "Favourites". I lable a folder as a "Favourite" and it shows in the rellevant panel as it should, If I then close and reopen Bridge it has disappeared.
                           Graham.  :'(

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Interesting it comes up with 'network resource unavailable'.

I think that means the software CD/DVD. You need to have the software disk in the drive when you run this feature as it is stored on the disk.

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on May 30, 2010, 01:48:46 PM
Interesting it comes up with 'network resource unavailable'.

I think that means the software CD/DVD. You need to have the software disk in the drive when you run this feature as it is stored on the disk.
Oh I see.
              Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

I'm off in the morning 'till friday looking for 2nd world war aircraft wreckage on and around Kinder Scout (We all need a hobby! :D)
     Untill then If anyone else has any idea's I'd be very pleased to here them.
                   Thanks again.   Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

Upgrade to CS5 - bridge was pretty naff in CS3 from memory - CS4 was very good - and CS5 even better - especially mini bridge in CS5 itself.

Well worth the ~£200 INHO
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

Quote from: anglefire on June 02, 2010, 08:25:43 PM
Upgrade to CS5 - bridge was pretty naff in CS3 from memory - CS4 was very good - and CS5 even better - especially mini bridge in CS5 itself.

Well worth the ~£200 INHO

You know there's every chance that that could actually happen! ;)
                     Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

You know it makes sense ;)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

I believe my first comment on Bridge CS5 (I skipped 4) was "wow, it's like Bridge CS3 but it works".

3 weeks later it's still better than CS3 but still a long way from perfect.
It's Guest's round

Graham

You two like spending my money don't you! :)
  Jonathan. "Along way from perfect" would make me very happy as at the moment it's next to useless.
               Here's my cards. Do your worst!
                                 Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

Bridge has been updated - quite a few bug fixes apparently - export now works - though I didn't know it didn't!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

Oh good.
              I understand that  with current versions the export to jpeg type features were not functioning.
              I'll do a little more digging.
                           Thanks for the info.
                                      Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.