• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine

Started by Just Dave, July 02, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Just tried an image on both Tiny and Google, Tiny returned nothing whilst Google returned this?

Those other images are mine on flickr? The first image is the test image which had been used by another site with my permission but neither returned a hit.  ???

greypoint

I know I've got of my dog pics on sites all over the place - some with permission, some I found out about when they were linked to flickr and clicked on. Tested a few that I know are on other sites but only got a couple of positives.

Just Dave

Keep looking OB, sure youll find some unauthorised use

Yeah GP, its finding the  unauthorised use, I darent try any more of mine yet, its gonna take me a week to collate evidence personalize each letter, and send all the invoices  :dance: / evidence,( screnshots, download pages, for further evidence, Ive sent 3 off now. then I'll check the rest

funny I dont seem to get replies on forums for my shots but so many have been nicked lots which I have posted not just on here but other tog forums, I cant understand it they are wanted by peps, so why do I not get comments, doesnt equate (inserts: "thinking smley",  if we had one on here, but we aint)

Ive been out togging todyt we went to Ladybower Reservoir,  Sheffield, unfortunately it was dry

Got some fab shots in Sheffield itself may post a few later

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

jinky

Maybe you need to be more selective where you post Dave - especially if you can tell the source of the theft. I am guessing your invoices are being met with them taking them down rather than a payment. I post less and less on flickr etc and it is always small files but don`t like to put a watermark on.

rksmith51

I started posting small size to Flickr a long time ago and it does help stop them being copied, the down side is that folks can't see them at thier best. I did find a few though even at 1024*768.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Just Dave

Quote from: jinky on July 08, 2011, 08:53:40 AM
Maybe you need to be more selective where you post Dave - especially if you can tell the source of the theft. I am guessing your invoices are being met with them taking them down rather than a payment. I post less and less on flickr etc and it is always small files but don`t like to put a watermark on.

They will probably take them down but, will still have to pay up for unauthorised use, as they have used the images in the first place

Quote from: rksmith51 on July 08, 2011, 09:58:03 AM
I started posting small size to Flickr a long time ago and it does help stop them being copied, the down side is that folks can't see them at thier best. I did find a few though even at 1024*768.

Yes I normally post shots at 800px on the long side, and at medium res
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

Yeah I'm not certain this is as bullet proof as it seems.

I dropped this image into the search.

Flower.  Girl. by Jonathan Ryan, on Flickr

That's been up on Flickr for a week and I'd be amazed if it hasn't been "borrowed" somewhere by now.

Here's what Google said.

First 3 are the image itself on Flickr then there's a picture of a cow that isn't mine.  Couple more are mine and one is of me.  Looking closely it looks like Google is searching on the tags which would get stripped if somebody grabbed it from Flickr in most obvious ways.

Re the unauthorised use invoice......this really annoys me.  A company can either pay for the image or use it illegally, hope they don't get an invoice and if they do just take it down.  Copyright has become a joke.  [FWIW you are not allowed to add any extra cost to the invoice because they didn't ask - you really aren't]

As for comments on pics....we all know that has nothing to do with how good an image is, right?
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

Jonathan, I thought it would a good experiment to put one of your images on my flickr and see if it tracked it. When I opened your image I was not allowed to download it as you have restricted access to it ( Well done ) so the best I could have done would be a screen shot.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Just Dave

Hi Johnathon

I found your image on a dvd forum it does credit you though http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/592157-rule-34-random-picture-post-thread-8.html

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.