• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Top of the wish list.

Started by mondmagu, June 03, 2011, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondmagu

If someone was to say to you that you could have one piece of kit for free,what would that item be? For me it would be the Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM lens.I love macro shots but unfortunately this is out of my budget as I am currently unemployed,so it has to stay on top of my list for now.Who knows,some day the photo fairy may leave one under my pillow. :o

Des.
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

greypoint

Pentax 60-250mm f4 - I might just sell all my other stuff [except 17-70] and get one if I was to see one second hand at a good price but a certain lack of reliability with  SDM lenses is a bit off putting. Other than that...a lens that does'nt exist ...either a fast focussing Pentax 55/70-300mm or a Tamron 70-300mm USD [Canikon fitting only [sony later]!!]  The lack of an equivalent to the Nikon af-s or Canon usm in this range is my one bugbear with using a K-5.

Cathus

Canon f2.8 400mm MkII because the 600mm is too long for some team sport.

Hinfrance

Hasselblad H4D-200MS.*

I could sell it, buy a new car and all the amateur camera gear I could ever need :)

*the most expensive thing I could find in 2 minutes . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

To play this game properly there has to be a stipulation that the item cannot be sold! :dance:

Graham

I think it would have to be an inflatable rock, for forground interest.....or maybe a roll up jetty to help me with my lead in lines!
                      Graham. :P
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Markulous

A Sigma SD1 camera - eagerly awaited for image quality but........ how much???? £6.5k!!!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

jimthetrain

Quote from: Cathus on June 03, 2011, 06:23:57 PM
Canon f2.8 400mm MkII because the 600mm is too long for some team sport.

Another vote here for the 400 f2.8 as it would be ideal for my cricket photos.  :tup:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

mondmagu

Very nice Graham,a man of simple needs. ;D

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

greypoint

...he could also add an easy assemble artificial tree for those 'lone tree in a landscape shots'...

ABERS

The self assembly beach hut is always handy for those who live miles inland. It can be placed in any quarry or by any pond and cloned into rows and recoloured in PS to suit any need. A blow-up person in baggy shorts and tatty straw hat with a kettle and tea pot is an optional extra. :tup:

nickt

A 18-300mm f/2.8 for about 100 quid!

Hinfrance

OK, to be serious for a minute, I'd like Photoshop. But clearly it is so expensive, that'll never happen  :'(

I wouldn't mind some new lights, and I'm interested in Alan's beach huts. Fortunately I am my own blow up person, own my own shorts, a tatty straw hat, an old kettle and one or two cracked teapots, so I'm half way there already.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

I would not mind a Fuji HS20 for those unexpected opportune shots, when there is no time to switch lenses or set up a tripod :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Quote from: ABERS on June 04, 2011, 08:08:29 AMA blow-up person in baggy shorts and tatty straw hat
You're asking for a blow-up doll??  ???

My request is simple... an Epson R-D1s. I might also consider a Leica M9.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.