• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 87
  • Total: 87
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll for weekly Competition - Frost/ Frosted - 4th - 11th January 2010

Started by picsfor, January 02, 2010, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite

Picsfor - Frosted grass bank
0 (0%)
Delamanda - Frosted Schnapps in Frosted Glasses
2 (11.1%)
Tringle WP - Iced Oak
2 (11.1%)
Jinky - Frosted Flower
1 (5.6%)
stevebedder - Stream
0 (0%)
Sarasocke - Will someone please get this stuff from my head!
2 (11.1%)
Oldboy - Green Ice
0 (0%)
Darren1978 - Pier boards
8 (44.4%)
irv_b - Frosted Smellies
1 (5.6%)
Dave - Frosted & Frozen Rope
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: January 17, 2010, 01:07:18 AM

picsfor

Steve, don't be despondent. If there is one thing i have learned - it is what the judges choose for a winning vote.

I have won this weekly comp twice and with what i considered to not even be my best shots of all the entries. This is definitely a taking part and challenging yourself type of activity, which i think is healthy for the photographic experience.

Darren1978

Quote from: stevebedder on January 14, 2010, 04:42:21 PM
Congrats Darren1978, you got my vote as well as the votes of most others, it's a great shot  :tup:

Second week 'duck' for me, will have to try better next time  :-[

Many thanks for the vote Steve, and to everyone else who has voted for my entry so far  :tup:

I'm surprised that your entry hasn't picked up more votes, thought it would be up there as a contender....still a bit of time left until the voting closes so anything could happen  :)

stevebedder

I thought the voting had ended!! DOH.....

I'm sure when I looked at the poll on my workstation it said it had ended, must be the shock of being back at work doing things to my brain.

Ah well, happy new easter  :D

Steve

Oldboy

Quote from: Darren1978 on January 15, 2010, 12:56:50 PM
still a bit of time left until the voting closes so anything could happen  :)

I don't think anyone will catch you now.  ;D

Well done and you got my vote.  :tup:

Just make sure you pick a subject that relates to Robins in Snow....... :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

picsfor

OK, voting is now closed and Darren1978 is without a doubt the clearest winner in a while.
Congratulations Darren and well done on your win.
Over to you to pick a subject that doesn't include Robin's  :tup: :2funny:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Darren1978

Wow...I've actually won a comp....really really chuffed to get so many votes, thanks to everyone that cast a vote in my direction  :tup:

So, I've now got the huge responsibility of choosing a topic and then setting up the poll/vote...should be interesting  :D  I've seen there is a thread on how to st up the poll so in theory I should be ok!

Once again, thanks to those who voted :)

oRGie

Gratz Darren, its a lovely photo, well deserved win :)

Just set up an Entries thread and a chat thread, once the entries are all in I will add a poll to the thread for you, so dont worry about that, its a new system we are trying and works well  :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.