• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 260
  • Total: 260
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Oh yes, I missed that bit of information!

It's a make of car that I wouldn't have even considered 20years ago!

Its a Skoda Superb. Not top of the range, but around mid with a few minor options. And one I will add once I have got it - and that is reversing camera. I missed the one I had on the Land Rover and BW want £1400 to retrofit a £350 option.

But is the DSG (semi auto box) 2ltr diesel (Fuel of the devil apparently) leather, top of the range satnav.

And yes I'm sure I'll get some pictures of it! ;)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Good car. We have one at work to use and it's great. A few of the team drive them too and speak very highly of them. Good choice.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

I denounced the rear view camera when my wife bought her Yaris. Now I wouldn't be without and use it all the time. She just cannot get the hang of it! I reckon I should be Csptain Scarlet in another life as I like driving by screen.  ;)

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on April 02, 2019, 01:22:55 PM
I denounced the rear view camera when my wife bought her Yaris. Now I wouldn't be without and use it all the time. She just cannot get the hang of it! I reckon I should be Csptain Scarlet in another life as I like driving by screen.  ;)

Probably can't get them on FIATs - lucky to get any mirrors - First rule of Italian driving - "what's behind me does not matter."
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Well from 2022 cameras will be mandatory - as will speed limiters etc. Deep joy.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on April 02, 2019, 05:40:15 PM
Well from 2022 cameras will be mandatory - as will speed limiters etc. Deep joy.

Yeah, but the ones on Fiats and Ferraris won't work . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 02, 2019, 07:52:20 PM

Probably an override switch on BMW and Audi's too!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on April 05, 2019, 06:23:07 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on April 02, 2019, 07:52:20 PM

Probably an override switch on BMW and Audi's too!

Is there already an override switch on the indicators?  ;)

Hinfrance

BMW indicators don't work sensibly. In order to turn one off you have to turn it one again - mind bogglingly stupid. You don't close a door by opening it twice . .

Which is why no-one can be bothered to use them. The switch gear is insane. I once drove 500kms in a mate's BMW alternately indicating left then right as I tried to stop the bloody things. Best not to bother trying to indicate if you've got a BMW.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

I have found the BMW indicators very easy to use (Yes I do use them  :tup: ) - you can cancel them by either flicking them on or off (Or in mine you can as they don't stay in the on position but recenter) They flick to 3flashes (Settable to just one - no idea why!) or go past the flick and they stay on, until flicked again or they self cancel)

But mine goes tomorrow and I try a Skoda! Should be fun :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

If the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in? You see my dilemma, and why I only managed to turn them off by removing the ignition key.  ???

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new car. we have two Skodas in our household. Our Octavia 1 is 18 years old and has done 250,000 miles with very few repairs - door controller, front bushes, shock absorbers. Daughter has a Citigo, also brilliant.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Booked a family holiday for next week, only down in Ilfracombe in Devon but looks beautiful and hoping to spend some quality time with my camera!!

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on April 07, 2019, 02:19:41 PM
Booked a family holiday for next week, only down in Ilfracombe in Devon but looks beautiful and hoping to spend some quality time with my camera!!

You might even enjoy the family being there  ;)

Jediboy

Quote from: jinky on April 07, 2019, 02:39:09 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on April 07, 2019, 02:19:41 PM

You might even enjoy the family being there  ;)

Yes, you're probably right! They're pretty lovely really.

Chris

anglefire

QuoteIf the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in?

Just flick the switch in either direction! Just don't go past the first "notch"
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.