• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Another forum is going.
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 06:26:46 AM
Well POTN has now closed its doors.  Just a single announcement page left. 
Last post by Mick - December 31, 2023, 04:49:36 PM
It is sad Mark, even though I've only joined up recently to see how a proper forum should be run, it's sad when any of your regular haunts closes down, kinda leaves a empty feeling in your belly.  I should imagine the owner and rest of the team will feel bad for a while too.

This place will be here, even if it's just a backup place to hang out.  :tup:   
Last post by anglefire - December 31, 2023, 04:28:24 PM
Well, today is the day that POTN is turned off - I have been a member of that forum for close on 18years. Will be sad to see it go - and I really hope that both this forum and its direct replacement survive!

Wierdly, its quite sad.
General Discussion / Do You Shoot Photos With One E...
Last post by Mick - December 30, 2023, 12:56:19 PM
Do You Shoot Photos With One Eye Open? or Both Open?
General Discussion / Which eye do you use with your...
Last post by Mick - December 30, 2023, 12:17:08 PM
Just Curious.  Which eye do you use when looking through your cameras viewfinder?

Also has anyone made the switch from right to left or vice versa, and if so why?

Maybe try this test to see if you're using the correct eye.  ;)

DSLR Cameras / I must be one of the rare ones...
Last post by Mick - December 27, 2023, 04:33:12 PM
Just thinking the other day, I must be one of the only people left who haven't constantly upgraded my cameras and lenses, I'm still using a Canon 30D atm. lol..

Partly put this down to the fact I kind of lost interest in the hobby, and partly down to the fact I have cataracts in my right eye and await the operation to get that sorted.  Then of course there's the cost, I just took a look around and the prices are pretty steep nowadays.

I would however like to get back into photography at some point and wondering whether to make the jump to Mirrorless.  In your opinion is that the way to go now?
Share the Deals & Recommendations / SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC...
Last post by Mick - December 27, 2023, 02:32:04 PM
SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC card + RescuePRO Deluxe, up to 200MB/s, UHS-I, Class 10, U3, V30 #ad https://amzn.to/47e2bpl

About this item
  • Save time with card offload speeds of up to 200MB/s powered by SanDisk QuickFlow Technology
  • Pair with the SanDisk Professional PRO-READER SD and microSD to achieve maximum speeds (sold separately)
  • Shot speeds up to 90MB/s
  • Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video and sequential burst mode photography
  • Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30)
  • Certifications: CE, FCC, C-Tick/RCM, UKCA, EAC, ICES

#ad https://amzn.to/47e2bpl
General Discussion / Re: Happy Christmas
Last post by Mick - December 27, 2023, 11:24:12 AM
Mark, It Would be nice to see a few of the original members posting again but I'm not holding my breath on that one lol..

I'm now wondering what we could do to make the place a little more active again, I just don't want to spend a fortune on hosting images so it would be more a case of how to improve the forum side of things, new features boards etc, or declutter the existing ones perhaps.
Share the Deals & Recommendations / Panasonic LUMIX GH5M2 Mirrorle...
Last post by Mick - December 27, 2023, 11:12:33 AM
Panasonic LUMIX GH5M2 Mirrorless Camera with wireless live streaming and a LUMIX 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 lens #ad https://amzn.to/3GVFGef

About this item
  • The GH5M2 delivers high quality live streams in up to Full HD 60fps to Facebook, YouTube and more without the need for bulky or complicated equipment.
  • GH5M2 comes with a wealth of professional recording options, all of which feature no video cropping. 4:2:2 10-bit recording is available up to Cinema 4K 30fps and ALL-Intra codecs up to 400Mbps.
  • 5-Axis in-body image stabilisation gives up to 6.5 stops of shake correction, even when using lenses not equipped with O.I.S. Improved sensors detect and counteract hand shaking.
  • Expanded dynamic range and colour-grading flexibility with V-LOG is included as standard on the GH5M2.
  • Weighing only 727g (body only), take the GH5M2 anywhere, with intuitively placed controls, high visibility free-angle touchscreen, and compatible with lightweight and compact lenses in the Micro 4/3rds system.
  • Display size: 3.0 inches; Image stabilization: Dual; Lens type: Telephoto; Max focal length: 60.0 millimeters; Optical sensor resolution: 20.0 megapixels; Optical zoom: 5.0 multiplier_x; Video capture resolution: 2160p

#ad https://amzn.to/3GVFGef
Share the Deals & Recommendations / Canon EOS R50 Black + RF-S 18-...
Last post by Mick - December 27, 2023, 11:02:44 AM
Canon EOS R50 Black + RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens – Mirrorless camera for on-the-go content creators, shooting stills and videos with an ultra-compact lens also perfect for live streamers #ad https://amzn.to/48csLAw

About this item
  • CREATE YOUR BEST PERFORMING CONTENT – Capture razor-sharp detail and control depth of field for genuine portraits without digital mimicry – even in low light – thanks to the high resolution 24.2 megapixel APS-C sized sensor.
  • BRING YOUR VIDEOS TO LIFE - Transform your filmmaking with UHD 4K 30p video oversampled from 6K. Expand your creativity in the edit by cropping and zooming while retaining Full HD resolution. For a more cinematic perspective, slow down your subject by 4 times.
  • INSTANT FOCUS – With the Dual Pixel CMOS AutoFocus II the EOS R50 will automatically recognise, focus on and track moving subjects so you never miss a shot.
  • EASY TO CAPTURE ON-THE-GO – Designed for active creators, the compact and lightweight Canon EOS R50 features a Vari-Angle touchscreen, an electronic viewfinder and a grip that fits naturally in your hand.
  • SIMPLE CONNECTIVTY WITH SMARTPHONES - Effortlessly connect to smart devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, so it's easy to share photos and upload to your followers. Control the camera remotely with the Canon Camera Connect app for alternative viewpoints.
  • THE PERFECT PAIR - The ultra-compact RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is a superb match for the EOS R50 and delivers outstanding quality in a compact size. Retracts to just 44.3 mm in length, offering featherweight portability at 130g.

#ad https://amzn.to/48csLAw
Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.