• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Not normally a gambling man - maybe the Grand National and the Derby but realised I had an online account with Corals from the last national with £1.75 in it. Decided to have a flutter on the Ebor at York as I saw a horse I liked in the preview. Picked a couple of others and tried to do a multiple - maximum gain for minimum stake. Messed up completely - thought i`d bet £2.50 and then realised it was £2.50 per bet of 7 that made up the multiple. Thought what the hell for once and..... 3 winners at 8-1, 11-2 and 11-4. £997.50 Whoo hoo!  :beer: :dance: :2funny:. Of course it`s proving more difficult to get the funds paid back to my account but a few conversations on Coral chatline sorted it and will get it in next 2 days. Well chuffed. Note to self - this odes not happen often - do not get the gambling bug!

Jediboy

That's brilliant Jinky. Great result and a nice treat.
Now you've got to decide what to treat yourself too!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on August 22, 2020, 06:44:02 PM
Not normally a gambling man - maybe the Grand National and the Derby but realised I had an online account with Corals from the last national with £1.75 in it. Decided to have a flutter on the Ebor at York as I saw a horse I liked in the preview. Picked a couple of others and tried to do a multiple - maximum gain for minimum stake. Messed up completely - thought i`d bet £2.50 and then realised it was £2.50 per bet of 7 that made up the multiple. Thought what the hell for once and..... 3 winners at 8-1, 11-2 and 11-4. £997.50 Whoo hoo!  :beer: :dance: :2funny:. Of course it`s proving more difficult to get the funds paid back to my account but a few conversations on Coral chatline sorted it and will get it in next 2 days. Well chuffed. Note to self - this odes not happen often - do not get the gambling bug!

Well done Jinky. Money always goes to them that don't need it!  :legit:

Quote from: Jediboy on August 22, 2020, 06:56:13 PM
That's brilliant Jinky. Great result and a nice treat.
Now you've got to decide what to treat yourself too!

His wife has already spent it.  :P

jinky

[/quote]

Well done Jinky. Money always goes to them that don't need it!  :legit:

[/quote]
I wish!

Jediboy

Don't tell anyone. Keep it to yourself and then it's OK to treat yourself.  :tup:

Chris

Hinfrance

Jammy git Jinky. I won a a chicken at the village fete raffle when I was 9. That was the last thing I won. I don't gamble at all. A few years ago a social club I was in had a raffle where 9 out of 10 tickets were winners. I lost.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 23, 2020, 08:18:44 AM
A few years ago a social club I was in had a raffle where 9 out of 10 tickets were winners. I lost.

You would have won if you had lost the ticket!  :doh:

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

I found my 10 stop filter that Iost a few weeks ago!  :) :)
It was in my bedside table. I knew it would be somewhere obvious. But I'd searched it 3 times already. Wonder if it's the wife's idea of a joke.
Anyway, I'm happy I found it.  :)

Chris

jinky

anglefire

The Woodpecker came back to the birdfeeder today :) Only the second time we have seen him - shame it was lashing down as the pictures were proper rubbish  :2funny:

Came back a third time to the tree next door. Briefly.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

After numerous attempts I managed to order a Playstation 5 for the boys (and me) for Christmas!
They are like rocking horse poo but I was lucky enough to get one and its made my day. I am a bit sad and enjoy gaming as well so super excited.
:D :) :D :) :tup: :tup:

Chris

anglefire

Had a great photoshoot at Gloucester Prison yesterday - been going through some of the images - quite pleases with how they came out in general. Though not many that are "safe for work"
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Had the urge to enter a couple of competitions lately. One was to do a video featuring a cooking dish involving the use of some sherry for a Leeds Tapas bar running it in conjunction with Gonzales Byas sherry producers. Don`t usually do videos but thought why not as I didn`t anticipate a huge number of entries and might have a chance. Only went and won! If you`re bored enough and are on facebook you can see it here : https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3745090595515307
Won a lovely hamper of meats, tapas dishes and sherry so well worth the hour I spend doing it. Not Nigella but close  :2funny:

Then I entered a Yorkshire Evening Post competition on the theme of " Home is Where the Heart Is" showing a favourite family shot. Entered one of us messing around last new years day and , without asking family members permission, submitted it. Just got the call this morning to say I won that too  :). The prize - a cartoon version of your picture by usually political cartoonist Graeme Bandeira. Just seen the artwork copy and it made me laugh. Everyone else pretty much hates it but it`s typical cartoonist style and I think i come off worst in effect! i`ll share that when I can for a laugh but can only do so once it is published in the newspaper on Monday. The guy asked if i`d be using versions of it for next year`s Christmas card. I said only if I wanted to end up living alone!  :2funny:

Jediboy

Well done Jinky. You're on a good run of form!
And it looks delicious! 👍

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.