• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

Howard, Right Hand top menu Lay-out Style is the key. Depending on which picture package  you choose you get a different way of dealing with your pictures. For your lay-out, go to Custom package and put the grids where you want them. Then drag the pictures in the grids.

Hinfrance

Thanks for trying Simple, but . .  drag pictures from where? I have created an A4 page with two 'cells' on it. I can click on an image from the film strip at the bottom of the page, and it appears in the first 'cell'. I cannot drag any pictures from the filmstrip. If I choose another image, it replaces the one already in the first 'cell'. If I choose another layout the picture just disappears. Hell is too kind a place to put the people who wrote this software disaster.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

Howard, You cannot use the template browser. Ensure you have Custom Package selected in Lay-out Style. Right click and delete any cells. You have paper etc. set to A4 in Page set-up. Now because you are in Custom Package, you find further down on the right hand side under the rulers tab, a tab called "Cells" this allows you to add cells in the document. Once you have the cells in your size, drag from the film strip in the cell.

Hinfrance

Thanks for the help Simple. So at least six steps just to print a couple of pictures? If 'you cannot use the template browser' what is the point of it? The only way to avoid having to go through a manual set up every time is to create a user template, and then you can't add pictures to it - horrendous. The only way this module could be improved would be to put it out of it's misery and start again from scratch.

I've learned my lesson - just use Qimage. Not only is it simple to use, but the print quality is in another league.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

SimonW

That b****y bird! Since I snapped that sparrowhawk a few days back it has spent a lot of time perched on a neighbour's TV aerial overlooking our garden. None of our lovely little birds that we used to feed every day and watch from our windows, have been seen since it came. We really miss them.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Jediboy

I find that my morals, principles and experience is totally at odds with that of my 'bosses.' They are painfully inept and can't seem to do anything right. I just want to do things properly and am fed up with corner cutting, fudging and risk taking.
Maybe its time to move on.
(Rant over).
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Went to the chippy tonight for tea. I decided to have a pie so the Wife wanted something different. But didn't know what.

She is dairy intolerant, so asked the cook if their chicken meat (On the spit like Donna) was dairy free - which it is - home made with lemon juice and herbs. Perfect - Would I like to try some - and it was very nice. So I thought I'd get that for her.

Only instead of asking for a Chicken Meat burger, I asked for a Chicken burger.  :-[

Still, it was very nice apparently.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Well, not today - but it still rankles today!

Had my company laptop upgraded (Only software and access stuff) and my documents etc have been preserved. But my emails have disappeared before 14/1/19 until 31/12/16

And I had lost all my office templates - but did find them in my old profile.

But I have lost some backups that I had on the laptop - but have other ones that I made years ago - no idea how old the backup they used is! I'm hoping I can find most of them when I look on my old laptop before I got the new one and never took back...............
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on January 04, 2019, 01:18:56 PM
I find that my morals, principles and experience is totally at odds with that of my 'bosses.' They are painfully inept and can't seem to do anything right. I just want to do things properly and am fed up with corner cutting, fudging and risk taking.
Maybe its time to move on.
(Rant over).

Yes frustrating when others don`t want to achieve the highest standard possible. A good rant always helps  ;)

Jediboy

Very annoyed by the fact that I seem to have 'lost' most of my saved photos on my Mac. My edited/saved photos seem to have vanished, only a few random ones spread across 18 months are there!
I'm really pee'd pff about this. However, its probably operator error!

Oh, and I have spent a few days trying to import media into Davinci Resolve - can't do that either!
I could cry!  :'( :'( >:(

Chris

Hinfrance

I had serious trouble with the resolve beta too - imported OK but crashed every time on trying to render anything. So sticking with Power Director for the moment.

Losing stuff is awful. Do you not have time machine running on the Mac? That should enable you to recover data. If not is there no file recovery software out there you could try?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I have watched numerous youtube videos on how to do it, I can even drag and drop the files and get the green 'plus' symbol but it won't drop into the media pool!

And in terms of my photos, its strange how some random ones are present, but not the others. I suspect its me as opposed to the Mac. I'll keep trying. Don't have time machine but may have a look at it. Cheers.

Chris

Hinfrance

I ascribe to the epithet 'no good deed goes unpunished'. You may think this is rather a negative outlook, but once again it has been proven. Yesterday morning I saved our 85 year old neighbour just under €700, how does not matter. Later my wife dropped , on our bedroom floor, the pendant from an emerald necklace I bought for her as a wedding present. We have stripped the room bare and still have not found it.

Karma exists all right, but it's exactly the opposite of what the hippies would have you believe, and by an order of magnitude.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Good on you for helping your neighbour. Sorry to hear about the necklace though. Bet you've searched high and low.
We had a similar experience recently with a diamond from my wife's engagement ring. Never did find it.
Hope you have more luck and find it soon.

Chris

Hinfrance

Here we go - Lightroom print module again. Decided to try it because Qimage ultimate was having trouble communicating with the printer - possibly because it's an old version.

Decided to try it to print an A3 picture. The legend says, quite clearly 'Paper: A3' and it has the correct printer. The preview on the screen shows an image filling the paper.

Two things - first when you change the print settings it goes straight to sending a print job FFS. Second it's printed an image top left of the paper 13cm x 26cm.

Looking at the layout dialogue after wasting expensive ink and paper - because it printed the same thing twice on one change printer settings dialogue - I see that the maximum print size is restricted to A *expletive deleted* 4. What the hell is wrong with the *expletive deleted* at Adobe that they can't get anything right?

Back to printing with On1 then  . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.