• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

The Future of Photography

Started by Reinardina, September 01, 2015, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: ambientlife on November 07, 2015, 05:36:14 PM

Please extend all invitations also to 'Gil'

eek, that brings back memories, it really does.

Hi Tim,  how's things (stupid question of the day) lol..  I knew you would turn up if I said you wouldn't, it's great to hear from you again.  This place is still trudging along, unfortunately it didn't take off quite as quick as your career did.   :tup:

Please stay in touch here, and have a great weekend yourself.  ;)

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Ah, I see you did manage to log in after all!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Welcome back Tim or should I say Bootneck47.  :tup:

Jediboy

I remember Bootneck47.
Found his stunning car photos an inspiration.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Paul Montgomery

Indeed - I was always amazed by (and slightly jealous of) Tim's work.

deetus

Head across to photofocus.com there's an interview with Tim.

My claim to fame........I did some proof reading for Tim's first website. :)

Reinardina

Yes, he really made it.

My only claim to fame is, that I emailed him, and pointed to CC where old pals were reminiscing. He graciously put in an appearance.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Didn't he do some animal stuff as well. I seem to remember a photo of a gorilla that I thought was stunning.

Memories of Gil, ha, nightmares more like.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: spinner on December 02, 2015, 01:18:22 AM

Not to mention that "Stan " He used to rip into people as well with his racist and homophobic comments. They both kept Mick busy when he was the only mod over there
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 02, 2015, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: spinner on December 02, 2015, 01:18:22 AM

Not to mention that "Stan " He used to rip into people as well with his racist and homophobic comments. They both kept Mick busy when he was the only mod over there

I'll have to fess up and say that Stan did make me spit my coffee out a few times.  :D   I can't actually believe I was the only moderator on DCM, I was asked to look after the place one Christmas, and got lumbered with the lot. I would never do that again.  :legit:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Oldboy

You did a good job Mick until they changed the management and dropped you in the poo.  >:(

Simple

They were interesting times. DCM magazine was enormous in size, nearly an A3, Cameras we used were Minolta Dimage 5 and 7 and later the Canon 300d and Nikon D70. people went overboard on complaints about dust and that film was soo much better. I think it was a very interesting time to live in and be part of this change-over and of the revival of photography.

Oldboy

Quote from: Simple on December 02, 2015, 11:22:11 PM
They were interesting times. DCM magazine was enormous in size, nearly an A3, Cameras we used were Minolta Dimage 5 and 7 and later the Canon 300d and Nikon D70. people went overboard on complaints about dust and that film was soo much better. I think it was a very interesting time to live in and be part of this change-over and of the revival of photography.

The Minolta RD3000 was my first DSLR camera and I still have it. My first Nikon was the D70 which I sold to someone for £10.  :tup:

Mick

Quote from: Oldboy on December 02, 2015, 10:47:23 PM
You did a good job Mick until they changed the management and dropped you in the poo.  >:(

Thanks OB. I did what I could with the available tools given, but in reality behind the scenes the system was a complete mess. Plus if anything needed the slightest tweak the DCM team didn't know how to adjust it.  They had to pay a separate IT team a fortune to do each adjustment.  I mean just to turn something on, or off.  ???

Utterly ridiculous imo.  :doh:

My Gallery

OpenSea

spinner

Their constant denial that things were wrong is what finished me.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.