• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Have they lost the plot

Started by Malcolm1938, September 15, 2010, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm1938

Samsung announce the NX100 camera with seperate EVF and new lenses but priced at over £1000.

What planet are they on. New to the game with prices like that seems to suggest that they have lost the plot.

What do you think.....

It looks good but is it really that good....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

alan1572

at that price they are up against some serious and well established models, i hope they know what they're doing, it may be the case that "if it's expensive then it must be good", but at that price it's unlikely
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

spinner

I glanced briefly at a review online, they had it priced at £450 still way more than I'd pay for a compact.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Malcolm1938

Since I looked this morning the price at Park Cameras has been reduced by about £600 so perhaps it's Park Cameras that lost the plot.

At the new prices I think it's a lot more realistic but still not as good value as the NX10.

Panasonic did the same thing with the GF1 pricing it well ahead of the G1 and in my opinion the Olympus Pen is way too dear compared to the E620.

I fully expected that cameras with less moving parts could reasonably be expected to cost less to make than those with moving parts.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.